- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Kyrie Irving doesn’t believe in ‘head’ coach, says he can coach sometimes too
- Updated: October 1, 2020
Now with the Brooklyn Nets, Irving first claimed that he has always been the best option on his former teams in clutch moments. That certainly seems like a shot at Los Angeles Lakers superstar LeBron James, who Irving won an NBA title with while playing for the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2016.
Irving also stated that he doesn’t really believe in Brooklyn having a head coach.
Kyrie Irving speaks on the coaching situation: "I don't really see us having a "head" coach. KD could be a head coach, I could be a head coach (some days)."
KD adds: "Jacque Vaughn could be a head coach could do it one day. It's a collaborative effort."
— Alec Sturm (@alec_sturm) October 1, 2020
The Nets recently hired Hall of Fame point guard Steve Nash to take over as the team’s head coach.
An NBA executive reportedly already doubts that Irving will respect Nash as the head coach, and now his comments seem to back that assumption up.
Irving is a great player, but it will be interesting if he will buy into Nash’s ideas next season.
For his career, the University of Duke product averages 22.4 points, 3.7 rebounds and 5.7 assists per game.