- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Larry Nance Jr. responds with jubilation that Cavs and Tristan Thompson have ‘mutual interest’
- Updated: September 25, 2020
🎉 🎈 🎊 https://t.co/hGsya8mAUd
With Andre Drummond expected to exercise his player option with the team, Thompson’s future in Cleveland was considered uncertain at best.
Thompson is coming off a career year in which he averaged a double-double with 12.0 points and 10.1 rebounds per game, making him a hot commodity in a relatively weak free-agent market.
Although there appears to be mutual interest between Thompson and the Cavaliers, it remains to be seen whether a new deal can get done and if interest from another team derails the Cavs’ attempt to re-sign him.
Thompson and Drummond are the team’s biggest offseason priorities, with the majority of the roster under contract for the next few years.
Kevin Love is under contract through the 2022-23 NBA season along with Nance.
Most of the team’s young players are also under contract until after the 2022-23 campaign with Porter Jr, Garland and Sexton all on their rookie deals.