- Kendrick Perkins Rips Apart Kyle Kuzma, Calls for Dion Waiters to Get More Playing Time
- NBA Executive Doubts Kyrie Irving Will Respect Steve Nash as Head Coach
- Kevin Love Reacts to Ongoing Feud Between Richard Jefferson and Scottie Pippen
- Scottie Pippen Destroys Richard Jefferson for Saying Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘Might Be a Pippen’
- Richard Jefferson Crucifies Giannis Antetokounmpo, Compares Him to Scottie Pippen
- Report: Multiple Cavs Veterans Will Not Participate in Team’s Voluntary Minicamp
- Cavs Fans Livid After Team Decides to Honor Michael Jordan on Iconic Statement Edition Uniforms
- Andre Drummond Goes After Donald Trump Following Latest Attack on NBA Protests
- Richard Jefferson Destroys Giannis Antetokounmpo for Not Guarding Jimmy Butler in Game 1
- Report: Cavs Looking at These 3 Players With No. 5 Overall Pick
Report: Former Cavs Star Was ‘Happy’ to Be Traded From Franchise
- Updated: August 17, 2020
The Cleveland Cavaliers have been going through a heavy rebuild over the last two seasons.
As a result, veteran players haven’t been thrilled with the constant losing in Cleveland.
“Clarkson was happy that the Cavs traded him to the Jazz this season but apprehensive about what he might find there, and he’s loved the experience, too,” Vardon wrote.
Clarkson, 28, played in 138 games for the Cavs for parts of three seasons. He was one of the Cavs’ best players during the 2018-19 season.
Yet, Clarkson has thrived in Utah. In 42 regular season games with the Jazz, the shooting guard put up 15.6 points, 2.8 rebounds and 1.6 assists per game.
Now, the veteran is preparing for a playoff run against the Denver Nuggets. With multiple Jazz players out due to various reasons, Clarkson will have a huge role in the first round series.
If Clarkson were still with the Cavs, he would be watching the playoffs from home. The Cavs finished the 2019-20 season in last place in the Eastern Conference.