- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
- Cavs break silence regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubling arrest
- Report: Celtics offered multiple 1st-round picks for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
- Cavs news: Kevin Porter Jr. arrested on weapons charges
- Report: Veteran big man would ‘love to play’ for Cavs as free agency nears
Report: Andre Drummond to Pick Up $28.7M Player Option to Stay With Cavs Next Season
- Updated: June 23, 2020
During an episode of ESPN’s Le Batard & Friends — STUpodity, Drummond said he will exercise his $28.7 million player option and stay in Cleveland next year.
“Yeah, it’s going to be hard to give up, so you can count on me being in Cleveland still,” Drummond said when pressed on whether he plans to exercise his option.
“I definitely will be in Cleveland.”
However, due to the coronavirus pandemic, the Cavs only got to see Drummond suit up in eight games.
Despite the small sample size, Drummond showed the Cavs he was worth the risk. He put up 17.5 points, 11.1 boards and 1.5 steals per contest with the Cavs this season.
Over the course of his career, the center has averages of 14.5 points, 13.8 rebounds and 1.6 blocks per game.