- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
- Kevin Garnett schools LeBron James fans ‘who don’t know s–t’ about Cavs’ 2010 playoff collapse
- Report: Cavs source identifies several improvements in Darius Garland’s game
- Report: Cavs internally comparing Collin Sexton to Donovan Mitchell and Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Cavs will look for ‘defensive-minded players’ in NBA free agency
- Report: Cavs confidently view J.B. Bickerstaff as ‘head coach of the future’
- Cavs Rumors: Collin Sexton Looking ‘Monstrous’ and ‘Huge’ After Working on Body During Hiatus
- Here’s the Latest Update on ‘Mutual Interest’ Between Tristan Thompson and the Cavs
- Report: Darius Garland ‘Feels Snubbed and Disrespected’ by Exclusion From All-Rookie Teams
Report: Andre Drummond to Pick Up $28.7M Player Option to Stay With Cavs Next Season
- Updated: June 23, 2020
During an episode of ESPN’s Le Batard & Friends — STUpodity, Drummond said he will exercise his $28.7 million player option and stay in Cleveland next year.
“Yeah, it’s going to be hard to give up, so you can count on me being in Cleveland still,” Drummond said when pressed on whether he plans to exercise his option.
“I definitely will be in Cleveland.”
However, due to the coronavirus pandemic, the Cavs only got to see Drummond suit up in eight games.
Despite the small sample size, Drummond showed the Cavs he was worth the risk. He put up 17.5 points, 11.1 boards and 1.5 steals per contest with the Cavs this season.
Over the course of his career, the center has averages of 14.5 points, 13.8 rebounds and 1.6 blocks per game.