- Report: Some Cavs members thought Dylan Windler was ‘destined’ for starting spot last season
- Report: Cavs have been ‘impressed’ by Isaac Okoro in team training camp
- Report: Major update offered on Kevin Porter Jr.’s weapons and drug charges
- Cavs fans salivate via social media at thought of LeBron James retiring in Cleveland with son Bronny
- Cavs release first half of 2020-21 NBA schedule
- Report: Several key Cavs players miss Friday’s practice due to COVID-19
- Tristan Thompson explains how he’ll help take Celtics, Jayson Tatum to ‘whole different level’
- Report: Cavs guard Darius Garland put on insane amount of weight over summer
- LeBron James infers Cavs would’ve lost 2016 title to Warriors in bubble environment
- Report: Big part of Cavs winning 2016 title was team’s players taking dumps before games
Report: Andre Drummond Expected to Pick Up Player Option With Cavs Due to Big Reason
- Updated: June 17, 2020
“According to league sources, Drummond is expected to do so because he realistically won’t get offers close to that in free agency,” Evan Dammarell of Forbes wrote.
Drummond came to Cleveland in a deal at the NBA’s trade deadline this season.
The 26-year-old was solid in his first eight games for the Cavs, averaging 17.5 points and 11.1 rebounds per game.
While Drummond’s return may be likely, this makes the future for Tristan Thompson a little more murky.
The longtime Cleveland big man is set to hit free agency this offseason and may be looking at a change of scenery if Drummond is already locked into the starting center role.
Thompson reportedly has warmed up to returning to the Cavs if an offer from a contender doesn’t materialize.
The 29-year-old reportedly wants to have his jersey retired in Cleveland, but how he approaches free agency could affect that desire.
The Cavaliers were not included in the NBA’s resumption plan beginning at the end of July.