- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Cavs Rumors: Tristan Thompson Wants to Have His Jersey Retired in Cleveland
- Updated: June 14, 2020
According to Evan Dammarell of Forbes.com, Thompson wants to have his jersey retired in Cleveland.
“That, and according to those same sources, Thompson wants to have his jersey retired by the Cavaliers and other than all his franchise accolades, sticking with the team for nearly a decade would help cement his case,” Dammarell wrote.
Thompson, 29, has been with the Cavs for his entire career.
The Cavs selected the center with the No. 4 pick in the 2011 NBA Draft. He is one of the longest-tenured players to be on the same team in the entire league.
Due to Cleveland’s losing-filled rebuild over the last couple of years, the veteran requested to be traded at the 2020 trade deadline. However, the Cavs were not able to find a solid deal.
Although Thompson’s been on the Cavs his entire career, his wishes to play on a contending team in the midst of his prime is easy to understand. Thompson is posting 12.0 points, 10.1 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game this season.
Yet, despite his desire to be on better team, Thompson is eager to be tied with the Cavs forever. The 2016 champion is definitely on the right track to get his jersey retired by the franchise.