- Report: Andre Drummond to Pick Up $28.7M Player Option to Stay With Cavs Next Season
- Report: Andre Drummond ‘Near Certainty’ to Return to Cavs With Option Date Updated
- Kevin Love Donates $500,000 to UCLA’s Psychology Department for Mental Health Awareness
- Video: Kevin Love Releases Heartfelt Message After Winning Prestigious ESPY Award
- Jordan Clarkson Disses Donald Trump After Latest Coronavirus Comments: ‘This Is the Dumbest S–t I Heard’
- Andre Drummond Hypes Up Darius Garland After He Breaks Ankles in Scrimmage Video
- Why Cavs Have Extensive Knowledge on Deni Avdija Because of J.B. Bickerstaff
- Report: Cavs Continue to Use Damian Lillard, C.J. McCollum as Model for Darius Garland, Collin Sexton
- Tristan Thompson Reminisces on Cavs Championship as ‘Legendary Father’s Day’
- Numbers Show That Cavs Rookie Darius Garland Was NBA’s Worst Player This Season
Report: Cavs, Warriors, Wolves, Hawks Not Likely to Be Included in NBA Resumption
- Updated: May 30, 2020
An NBA general manager reportedly would be “very surprised” if the Cleveland Cavaliers are included when the league resumes its season.
Opposing NBA GM tells me he’d be “very surprised” if Cavs, Warriors, TWolves, Hawks and others near bottom of league standings are included in a completion of season. @SInow
— Sam Amico (@AmicoHoops) May 30, 2020
The general manager reportedly included the Atlanta Hawks, Golden State Warriors, Minnesota Timberwolves and others as teams he would not expect to be a part of the resumption.
The NBA Board of Governors reportedly will vote on four possible scenarios for the league to return.
One of the scenarios includes all 30 teams returning, but the Cavaliers, who sit at 19-46, would not be included in the other options.
The Cavaliers have been vocal in their desire to return when the NBA season resumes.
A team executive reportedly said that the Cavs “would love the opportunity” to play games again this season.
Cleveland was improving in its last 11 games under new head coach J.B. Bickerstaff, going 5-6 before the NBA season was suspended.
The NBA reportedly is planning to vote on a new schedule on Thursday, which will decide the fate of the Cavs’ season.