- Report: Andre Drummond to Pick Up $28.7M Player Option to Stay With Cavs Next Season
- Report: Andre Drummond ‘Near Certainty’ to Return to Cavs With Option Date Updated
- Kevin Love Donates $500,000 to UCLA’s Psychology Department for Mental Health Awareness
- Video: Kevin Love Releases Heartfelt Message After Winning Prestigious ESPY Award
- Jordan Clarkson Disses Donald Trump After Latest Coronavirus Comments: ‘This Is the Dumbest S–t I Heard’
- Andre Drummond Hypes Up Darius Garland After He Breaks Ankles in Scrimmage Video
- Why Cavs Have Extensive Knowledge on Deni Avdija Because of J.B. Bickerstaff
- Report: Cavs Continue to Use Damian Lillard, C.J. McCollum as Model for Darius Garland, Collin Sexton
- Tristan Thompson Reminisces on Cavs Championship as ‘Legendary Father’s Day’
- Numbers Show That Cavs Rookie Darius Garland Was NBA’s Worst Player This Season
Video: Kevin Love Furious in Loss to Toronto Raptors, Seen Taking Out Anger on Bench
- Updated: January 1, 2020
After a three-game winning streak that came in a stretch where they won five of eight games, the Cleveland Cavaliers stumbled to end 2019.
They lost on New Year’s Eve to the Toronto Raptors, 117-97, and during a break in the action, Kevin Love was visibly upset.
Love has been one of the few bright spots in an otherwise dismal season for the Cavs. The former University of California, Los Angeles standout is averaging 16.5 points and 10.6 rebounds a game so far this season.
However, at age 31, he doesn’t seem to fit in with the team’s overall timeline. Other than Love and Tristan Thompson, the overwhelming majority of the Cavs are very young.
For this reason, Love has been the subject of trade rumors, and the chatter has been getting louder with each passing week.
After some initial doubts about their ability to get value back for him, the Cavs have “fresh optimism” that they can pull off a deal.
It’s been reported that Cleveland is asking for, at minimum, a first-round draft pick in return for Love.
For now, he’s a veteran presence on a team that sorely needs some.