- Andre Drummond Conveys Sad Message About Being Away From Basketball
- Dan Gilbert and Quicken Loans Announce $1.2 Million Donation to Address Detroit Coronavirus Impact
- Report: Cavs Senior Director ‘Strong Candidate’ to Join Knicks Front Office
- Report: Canton Charge’s Season Expected to Be Cancelled Entirely
- Matthew Dellavedova Urges People to Take Social Distancing Seriously
- Barack Obama Dedicates Message to Kevin Love for ‘Setting Good Example’
- Kevin Love Praises Giannis Antetokounmpo for Also Donating $100K to Arena’s Staff
- LeBron James and Kevin Love Send Birthday Love to Tristan Thompson
- Report: Cavs to Compensate Staff Members as If All Games and Events Were Taking Place
- Kevin Love Shares Heartwarming Message as He Donates $100K to Cavs Arena and Support Staff
Video: Kevin Love Furious in Loss to Toronto Raptors, Seen Taking Out Anger on Bench
- Updated: January 1, 2020
After a three-game winning streak that came in a stretch where they won five of eight games, the Cleveland Cavaliers stumbled to end 2019.
They lost on New Year’s Eve to the Toronto Raptors, 117-97, and during a break in the action, Kevin Love was visibly upset.
Love has been one of the few bright spots in an otherwise dismal season for the Cavs. The former University of California, Los Angeles standout is averaging 16.5 points and 10.6 rebounds a game so far this season.
However, at age 31, he doesn’t seem to fit in with the team’s overall timeline. Other than Love and Tristan Thompson, the overwhelming majority of the Cavs are very young.
For this reason, Love has been the subject of trade rumors, and the chatter has been getting louder with each passing week.
After some initial doubts about their ability to get value back for him, the Cavs have “fresh optimism” that they can pull off a deal.
It’s been reported that Cleveland is asking for, at minimum, a first-round draft pick in return for Love.
For now, he’s a veteran presence on a team that sorely needs some.