- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
- Kevin Garnett schools LeBron James fans ‘who don’t know s–t’ about Cavs’ 2010 playoff collapse
- Report: Cavs source identifies several improvements in Darius Garland’s game
- Report: Cavs internally comparing Collin Sexton to Donovan Mitchell and Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Cavs will look for ‘defensive-minded players’ in NBA free agency
- Report: Cavs confidently view J.B. Bickerstaff as ‘head coach of the future’
- Cavs Rumors: Collin Sexton Looking ‘Monstrous’ and ‘Huge’ After Working on Body During Hiatus
- Here’s the Latest Update on ‘Mutual Interest’ Between Tristan Thompson and the Cavs
- Report: Darius Garland ‘Feels Snubbed and Disrespected’ by Exclusion From All-Rookie Teams
Collin Sexton Says Cavs Will ‘Do Everything We Can’ to Make Playoffs Next Season
- Updated: April 10, 2020
Now, the talented scorer has doubled down on his previous statement by telling Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com that the Cavs will do everything in their power to be one of the top eight teams in the Eastern Conference next year.
“Even though we haven’t had the season we wanted, as long as we finish well it would roll over to next season,” he said. “Go into the summer with a good feeling, good chemistry. And then next season come in and be ready to go and push for the playoffs. I know that’s where I want to go and I know my teammates want to get there too. That’s our goal. We’re going to do everything we can to make that goal.”
In his second season in the NBA, Sexton is averaging 20.8 points, 3.1 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game.
He played especially well after the All-Star break under new head coach J.B. Bickerstaff. Prior to the pause in action last month, Sexton was averaging 30.0 points, 4.6 assists and 3.6 rebounds per game in the month of March.
At the moment, it is unclear when the NBA will return. When it does, Sexton will surely look to continue the hot streak he was enjoying.
While making the playoffs may seem like a pipe dream at the moment, the Cavs are showing major improvement in their rebuild.
With a talented young core that is starting to produce, and a slew of savvy veterans who know how to win, advancing to the playoffs next season may be very possible indeed.