- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Andre Drummond Hyped About Prospect of Bringing Championship to Cleveland
- Updated: April 3, 2020
While answering comments on an Instagram post, Drummond didn’t shy away from responding to a fan’s plea to bring a championship to Cleveland.
As a matter of fact, Drummond reacted to the tall order with excitement.
Drummond, 26, got traded to the Cavs earlier this season.
Although the sample size is small, the big man has been productive in Cleveland. As a Cavalier, he is averaging 17.5 points, 11.1 rebounds and 1.5 steals per game this season.
Furthermore, the Cavs have won four of the eight games he’s played in.
While the championship talk is fun to dream about, the Cavs are miles away from reaching the promise land.
After franchise legend LeBron James left Cleveland for the Los Angeles Lakers in 2018, the Cavs shifted operations to a full-fledged rebuild.
The current youth movement is headlined by Collin Sexton, Darius Garland and Kevin Porter Jr. While the base of the team of is young, having veterans like Drummond can speed the learning curve and hopefully expedite a path to the playoffs.