- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Andre Drummond Hyped About Prospect of Bringing Championship to Cleveland
- Updated: April 3, 2020
While answering comments on an Instagram post, Drummond didn’t shy away from responding to a fan’s plea to bring a championship to Cleveland.
As a matter of fact, Drummond reacted to the tall order with excitement.
Drummond, 26, got traded to the Cavs earlier this season.
Although the sample size is small, the big man has been productive in Cleveland. As a Cavalier, he is averaging 17.5 points, 11.1 rebounds and 1.5 steals per game this season.
Furthermore, the Cavs have won four of the eight games he’s played in.
While the championship talk is fun to dream about, the Cavs are miles away from reaching the promise land.
After franchise legend LeBron James left Cleveland for the Los Angeles Lakers in 2018, the Cavs shifted operations to a full-fledged rebuild.
The current youth movement is headlined by Collin Sexton, Darius Garland and Kevin Porter Jr. While the base of the team of is young, having veterans like Drummond can speed the learning curve and hopefully expedite a path to the playoffs.