- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
- Report: Nets in ‘active discussions’ with Cavs for JaVale McGee, also interested in Kevin Love
- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
Cavs News: Isaiah Thomas Targeting First Week of January for Season Debut
- Updated: December 17, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers welcomed back Tristan Thompson, who had been dealing with an injured calf, earlier this week, and now it seems another key component of their roster is on the verge of returning as well.
According to Shams Charania of The Vertical, point guard Isaiah Thomas is targeting the first week of January to make his Cavaliers debut.
Cavaliers All-Star guard Isaiah Thomas is targeting the first week of January for his season debut with Cleveland, league sources tell Yahoo.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) December 18, 2017
Thomas has been sidelined with a right hip injury that ended his season prematurely in the Eastern Conference finals last spring and has been rehabbing ever since. The 5-foot-9 guard was expected to return at some point during the Cavs’ upcoming West Coast road trip, and with this new return date, the soonest he’d be able to suit up is on Jan. 2 against the Portland Trail Blazers.