- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
Kevin Porter Jr. Expresses Sadness via Social Media Due to NBA Hiatus
- Updated: March 20, 2020
The social media post by Porter Jr. represents an image he’d like to see happen again in the near future. At present, there’s no indication if or when play will resume after the NBA shut down play following the games on March 11.
Porter Jr. would no doubt like to return before he turns 20 on May 4, but that decision is out of his hands and dependent upon the containment of the virus.
While Porter Jr. had the usual struggles that come with being a rookie in the NBA, he had been showing signs of the talent that first got the attention of the Cavaliers.
Averaging 10.0 points, 3.2 rebounds and 2.2 assists this season, Porter Jr. had offered improved play since late January.
That included a seven-game stretch in which he scored in double figures and a career-high 30-point effort in a comeback win against Miami on Feb. 24.
The possibility of the NBA season being over is something that all players will have to consider in the week ahead. Yet, Porter Jr.’s desire to get on the court again is an indication that he’s ready to continue putting in the effort to develop his overall game.