- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Kevin Porter Jr. Expresses Sadness via Social Media Due to NBA Hiatus
- Updated: March 20, 2020
The social media post by Porter Jr. represents an image he’d like to see happen again in the near future. At present, there’s no indication if or when play will resume after the NBA shut down play following the games on March 11.
Porter Jr. would no doubt like to return before he turns 20 on May 4, but that decision is out of his hands and dependent upon the containment of the virus.
While Porter Jr. had the usual struggles that come with being a rookie in the NBA, he had been showing signs of the talent that first got the attention of the Cavaliers.
Averaging 10.0 points, 3.2 rebounds and 2.2 assists this season, Porter Jr. had offered improved play since late January.
That included a seven-game stretch in which he scored in double figures and a career-high 30-point effort in a comeback win against Miami on Feb. 24.
The possibility of the NBA season being over is something that all players will have to consider in the week ahead. Yet, Porter Jr.’s desire to get on the court again is an indication that he’s ready to continue putting in the effort to develop his overall game.