- Larry Nance Jr. Pays Respect to Kobe Bryant as He Shows Off Latest Cavs Workout
- Report: Cavs ‘Eager to Play’ as Hot Debate Regarding How NBA Should Return Continues
- Pelicans Rookie Declares LeBron James Buzzer-Beater Favorite Game-Winner in NBA History
- J.B. Bickerstaff on Collin Sexton: ‘You Will Not Find a Guy Who Is More Serious About His Game’
- Andre Drummond Leaves Waitress Stunned as He Leaves Enormous Tip on Check
- Kendrick Perkins Says James Harden Better All-Around Player Than Stephen Curry
- Report: International Club to Target Ante Zizic This Offseason
- Kevin Porter Jr. Sends Passionate Message to City of Cleveland
- Khloe Kardashian Sends NSFW Message to Woman Claiming to Be Mother of Tristan Thompson’s Son
- Ranking the 10 Best Players in Cleveland Cavaliers History
Kevin Porter Jr. Expresses Sadness via Social Media Due to NBA Hiatus
- Updated: March 20, 2020
The social media post by Porter Jr. represents an image he’d like to see happen again in the near future. At present, there’s no indication if or when play will resume after the NBA shut down play following the games on March 11.
Porter Jr. would no doubt like to return before he turns 20 on May 4, but that decision is out of his hands and dependent upon the containment of the virus.
While Porter Jr. had the usual struggles that come with being a rookie in the NBA, he had been showing signs of the talent that first got the attention of the Cavaliers.
Averaging 10.0 points, 3.2 rebounds and 2.2 assists this season, Porter Jr. had offered improved play since late January.
That included a seven-game stretch in which he scored in double figures and a career-high 30-point effort in a comeback win against Miami on Feb. 24.
The possibility of the NBA season being over is something that all players will have to consider in the week ahead. Yet, Porter Jr.’s desire to get on the court again is an indication that he’s ready to continue putting in the effort to develop his overall game.