- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
- Report: It’s ‘doubtful’ Cavs will be able to trade Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Cavs expected to offer Jarrett Allen massive multiyear contract
Cavs News: Tristan Thompson Out for Tuesday’s Game vs. Chicago Bulls
- Updated: March 9, 2020
On Monday evening, Thompson was ruled out of the Cavs’ upcoming game due to an eye abrasion.
Thompson now joins a number of other Cavs players who are currently dealing with injuries.
— Sam Amico (@AmicoHoops) March 10, 2020
Thompson played just eight minutes in Sunday’s win over the San Antonio Spurs. He finished the night with two points and three rebounds.
On the season, Thompson is averaging 12.0 points, 10.1 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game.
With his current contract expiring at the end of this season, there is quite a bit of speculation that this season will be Thompson’s last in Cleveland.
That being said, it’s possible that Thompson elects to re-sign in Cleveland to continue operating as a veteran leader on a young and rebuilding team.
Either way, it seems likely Thompson’s eye injury won’t keep him out for long.
After Tuesday’s game, the big man’s next opportunity to suit up for the Wine and Gold will come on Friday when the Cavs visit the Charlotte Hornets.