- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Cavs News: Tristan Thompson Out for Tuesday’s Game vs. Chicago Bulls
- Updated: March 9, 2020
On Monday evening, Thompson was ruled out of the Cavs’ upcoming game due to an eye abrasion.
Thompson now joins a number of other Cavs players who are currently dealing with injuries.
— Sam Amico (@AmicoHoops) March 10, 2020
Thompson played just eight minutes in Sunday’s win over the San Antonio Spurs. He finished the night with two points and three rebounds.
On the season, Thompson is averaging 12.0 points, 10.1 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game.
With his current contract expiring at the end of this season, there is quite a bit of speculation that this season will be Thompson’s last in Cleveland.
That being said, it’s possible that Thompson elects to re-sign in Cleveland to continue operating as a veteran leader on a young and rebuilding team.
Either way, it seems likely Thompson’s eye injury won’t keep him out for long.
After Tuesday’s game, the big man’s next opportunity to suit up for the Wine and Gold will come on Friday when the Cavs visit the Charlotte Hornets.