- Larry Nance Jr. Pays Respect to Kobe Bryant as He Shows Off Latest Cavs Workout
- Report: Cavs ‘Eager to Play’ as Hot Debate Regarding How NBA Should Return Continues
- Pelicans Rookie Declares LeBron James Buzzer-Beater Favorite Game-Winner in NBA History
- J.B. Bickerstaff on Collin Sexton: ‘You Will Not Find a Guy Who Is More Serious About His Game’
- Andre Drummond Leaves Waitress Stunned as He Leaves Enormous Tip on Check
- Kendrick Perkins Says James Harden Better All-Around Player Than Stephen Curry
- Report: International Club to Target Ante Zizic This Offseason
- Kevin Porter Jr. Sends Passionate Message to City of Cleveland
- Khloe Kardashian Sends NSFW Message to Woman Claiming to Be Mother of Tristan Thompson’s Son
- Ranking the 10 Best Players in Cleveland Cavaliers History
Report: Cavs and Tristan Thompson Have Mutual Interest in ‘Staying Together for a Long Time’
- Updated: January 22, 2020
In fact, according to SI.com’s Sam Amico, both the Cavs and Thompson want to stay together going forward.
“I think the Cavs and Tristan have a common ground that they both have interest in staying together for a long time,” Amico recently said. “If that works out, I don’t know.”
Amico went on to express his belief that the Cavs could get a better return in a trade for Thompson than they would for fellow veteran Kevin Love.
That being said, where Love has failed to meet expectations as a leader for a young and rebuilding roster, Thompson has vastly exceeded them.
He is also enjoying a career year. He is currently averaging 12.6 points, 10.6 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game.
The primary reason why Thompson would be traded prior to the deadline is because he is set to become a free agent this offseason. If the Cavs believe he will likely sign elsewhere this summer, they may try to recoup some value for him via trade.
It would be wonderful to see Thompson continue his career as a Cavs lifer. Hopefully, both sides are able to come to an agreement to make that possible.