- Kendrick Perkins Rips Apart Kyle Kuzma, Calls for Dion Waiters to Get More Playing Time
- NBA Executive Doubts Kyrie Irving Will Respect Steve Nash as Head Coach
- Kevin Love Reacts to Ongoing Feud Between Richard Jefferson and Scottie Pippen
- Scottie Pippen Destroys Richard Jefferson for Saying Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘Might Be a Pippen’
- Richard Jefferson Crucifies Giannis Antetokounmpo, Compares Him to Scottie Pippen
- Report: Multiple Cavs Veterans Will Not Participate in Team’s Voluntary Minicamp
- Cavs Fans Livid After Team Decides to Honor Michael Jordan on Iconic Statement Edition Uniforms
- Andre Drummond Goes After Donald Trump Following Latest Attack on NBA Protests
- Richard Jefferson Destroys Giannis Antetokounmpo for Not Guarding Jimmy Butler in Game 1
- Report: Cavs Looking at These 3 Players With No. 5 Overall Pick
Report: Cavs and Tristan Thompson Have Mutual Interest in ‘Staying Together for a Long Time’
- Updated: January 22, 2020
In fact, according to SI.com’s Sam Amico, both the Cavs and Thompson want to stay together going forward.
“I think the Cavs and Tristan have a common ground that they both have interest in staying together for a long time,” Amico recently said. “If that works out, I don’t know.”
Amico went on to express his belief that the Cavs could get a better return in a trade for Thompson than they would for fellow veteran Kevin Love.
That being said, where Love has failed to meet expectations as a leader for a young and rebuilding roster, Thompson has vastly exceeded them.
He is also enjoying a career year. He is currently averaging 12.6 points, 10.6 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game.
The primary reason why Thompson would be traded prior to the deadline is because he is set to become a free agent this offseason. If the Cavs believe he will likely sign elsewhere this summer, they may try to recoup some value for him via trade.
It would be wonderful to see Thompson continue his career as a Cavs lifer. Hopefully, both sides are able to come to an agreement to make that possible.