- Kendrick Perkins Takes Jab at Kyrie Irving Replacing Pau Gasol as NBPA Vice President
- Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Expected to Replace Head Coach John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Has Become ‘Unhappy’ and ‘Miserable’ as Cavs Head Coach
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Step Down as Cavs Head Coach
- Video: Kevin Love Shares Powerful Words About Depression Alongside Barack Obama
- Darius Garland Being Compared to Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Putting in Additional Work in After 2020 Rising Stars Game
- Dwyane Wade Says He Felt Like a ‘Zombie’ During His Stint on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Player Believes Andre Drummond Gives Team ‘Championship-Level Frontcourt’
- Tristan Thompson Says LeBron James Has ‘Worst Diet Ever’ and ‘Eats Like S—‘
Report: Cavs and Tristan Thompson Have Mutual Interest in ‘Staying Together for a Long Time’
- Updated: January 22, 2020
In fact, according to SI.com’s Sam Amico, both the Cavs and Thompson want to stay together going forward.
“I think the Cavs and Tristan have a common ground that they both have interest in staying together for a long time,” Amico recently said. “If that works out, I don’t know.”
Amico went on to express his belief that the Cavs could get a better return in a trade for Thompson than they would for fellow veteran Kevin Love.
That being said, where Love has failed to meet expectations as a leader for a young and rebuilding roster, Thompson has vastly exceeded them.
He is also enjoying a career year. He is currently averaging 12.6 points, 10.6 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game.
The primary reason why Thompson would be traded prior to the deadline is because he is set to become a free agent this offseason. If the Cavs believe he will likely sign elsewhere this summer, they may try to recoup some value for him via trade.
It would be wonderful to see Thompson continue his career as a Cavs lifer. Hopefully, both sides are able to come to an agreement to make that possible.