- LeBron James identifies himself with Michael Jordan after video of Cavs member trashing him emerges
- Report: It’s ‘a matter of time’ until Andre Drummond secures a buyout and joins the Brooklyn Nets
- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
Report: Cavs Plan to Work Sign-And-Trade Deal for Tristan Thompson
- Updated: February 7, 2020
According to Terry Pluto of Cleveland.com, the Cavs are aiming to attempt a sign-and-trade for Thompson this summer.
“They plan to try and work a sign-and-trade deal for Thompson in the summer, or at least have that option,” Pluto wrote. “They could come back in 2020-21 with Drummond, Love and Nance as their big men.”
Thompson, 28, will be an unrestricted free agent at the conclusion of the 2019-20 NBA season.
While the center was hoping to get traded earlier this week, the Cavs were unable to strike a deal before the trade deadline.
The University of Texas product is having the best season of his professional career. Thompson is averaging career-highs across the board with 11.9 points, 10.4 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game this season.
Although the veteran has been on the Cavs his entire career, Thompson is eager to play on a contending team. The 2016 champion is in the heart of his prime, while the Cavs are currently undergoing a heavy rebuild.
The Cavs take on the Los Angeles Clippers on Sunday.