- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
Watch Cavs Dedicate Touching Video Tribute to Kobe Bryant Before Game vs. Pelicans
- Updated: January 28, 2020
On Tuesday night, the Cleveland Cavaliers hosted their first game since the tragic death of Kobe Bryant.
Much like other teams across the NBA have done, the Cavs unveiled a touching video tribute in Bryant’s honor prior to the game versus the New Orleans Pelicans.
Since Bryant’s death on Sunday, a number of Cavs players have expressed their shock and disbelief regarding the news.
There’s no doubt that many of the players in Tuesday night’s game consider Bryant to be a personal hero. It’s hard to imagine having to go out and compete given the circumstances.
That being said, it’s possible that being back on the court will help players on both teams find some respite from the pain of the last few days.
After all, being on the court will now be a way for NBA players to reconnect with Bryant by playing the game that they all love.