- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Report: Cavs to Field Offers for Kevin Love That Include Young Players and Draft Picks
- Updated: December 7, 2019
According to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the team is open to fielding any potential trade deals for Love in exchange for young players or future picks.
“As NBA trade possibilities expand beginning Dec. 15, the Cavs are expressing a willingness to listen to offers for All-Star forward Love, league sources told ESPN,” wrote Wojnarowski.
“Cleveland is open to the idea of moving Love before the Feb. 6 trade deadline should the Cavs find a requisite package of young assets and/or future draft picks, league sources said.”
Until recently, the organization had shown no indication that it was willing to trade Love.
However, with the team continuing to fall further away from playoff contention, dealing Love away in exchange for young prospects and draft assets might make the most sense for the Cavs moving forward.
The timing could also not be better. On Dec. 15, players who signed a free agent contract in the 2019 offseason will become eligible for a trade. That will make even more players available in any potential deal.
Several teams with championship aspirations would certainly place high value on Love.
He is a consistent double-double machine, currently putting up 16.7 points and 10.7 rebounds per game this season. His ability to stretch the floor makes him a tough cover for defenses as well.