- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Kevin Love Says He’ll ‘Absolutely’ Go If Cavs Are Invited to NBA Bubble
- Updated: August 15, 2020
The Cleveland Cavaliers’ 2019-20 season was cut short due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but recent signs indicate that the NBA wants to give the eight teams left out of the Orlando, Fla. bubble an opportunity to get back on the court.
Cavs big man Kevin Love is all for it.
“I understood why we weren’t asked to be down there, because we were out of playoff contention,” he said. “But moving forward, absolutely. Like, I want to be there now.”
Hearing Love speak so confidently about wanting to get back on the court with his Cavs teammates is meaningful for a number of reasons.
First off, it indicates that Love misses playing alongside his teammates. Early in the 2019-20 campaign, it appeared as though Love could not wait for the season to end.
Beyond that, Love’s statement is also interesting given a fairly recent report that indicated that Cavs veterans would likely not take part in a bubble for the eight teams not invited to Orlando, Fla.
The situation seems to still be in flux, but for the first time in months, it appears that Cavs basketball could soon be on the horizon.
It will be interesting to see if Love does ultimately make good on his claim that he wants to get back out there and don the wine and gold before the 2020-21 season.