- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
Report: Cavs Players ‘Roll Their Eyes’ at Terminology John Beilein Uses
- Updated: December 6, 2019
Joe Vardon and Shams Charania of The Athletic indicated that Cavs players have not only looked elsewhere on the staff for leadership, they have also actively rejected the terminology that the former college coach has tried to use with them.
“Beyond his meticulous focus on rudimentary basketball fundamentals, which NBA players have little patience for in-season, players roll their eyes at things like the terminology Beilein brought to the Cavs,” they wrote.
All season long, the word out of Cleveland was that Beilein was focusing on a return to fundamentals. While players seemed up for it at first, it is clear that patience has run thin as the losses have piled up.
The Cavs have loss 10 of their last 11 games, many in double-digit affairs.
Just 20 games into his first NBA season, it appears that Beilein may be on the hot seat.
While there was no expectation of great success coming into the season, it is also quite concerning to hear that Beilein may be at risk of losing the locker room already.