- Darius Garland Reacts to Recording His First Career Double-Double
- Report: Cavs Apply for Disabled Player Exception in Wake of Dylan Windler Injury
- Former Cavs Head Coach Tyronn Lue Admits He Wishes He Were Still in Cleveland
- Report: Paul George to Miss Tuesday’s Game vs. Cavs
- Kevin Love Preaches Positivity Amid Recent Cavs Success: ‘We’re Definitely Playing Better Now’
- Darius Garland Passes Kyrie Irving in Meaningful Stat for Cavs Rookie
- Video: Tristan Thompson Dunks on LeBron James, Proceeds to Stare Him Down
- Cavs News: Dylan Windler to Miss Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- John Beilein Gushes Over ‘Tremendous Growth’ From This Season’s Cavs
- Cavs Veterans Offer Incredible Praise for Collin Sexton and Darius Garland
Report: Cavs Players ‘Roll Their Eyes’ at Terminology John Beilein Uses
- Updated: December 6, 2019
Joe Vardon and Shams Charania of The Athletic indicated that Cavs players have not only looked elsewhere on the staff for leadership, they have also actively rejected the terminology that the former college coach has tried to use with them.
“Beyond his meticulous focus on rudimentary basketball fundamentals, which NBA players have little patience for in-season, players roll their eyes at things like the terminology Beilein brought to the Cavs,” they wrote.
All season long, the word out of Cleveland was that Beilein was focusing on a return to fundamentals. While players seemed up for it at first, it is clear that patience has run thin as the losses have piled up.
The Cavs have loss 10 of their last 11 games, many in double-digit affairs.
Just 20 games into his first NBA season, it appears that Beilein may be on the hot seat.
While there was no expectation of great success coming into the season, it is also quite concerning to hear that Beilein may be at risk of losing the locker room already.