- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
Report: Dylan Windler to Play With Canton Charge, Cavs Debut on Horizon
- Updated: December 3, 2019
While it sounds like Windler is very close to full health, he will be headed down to the G League to get his legs back after months of staying off the court.
“Windler will be assigned to the Charge on Wednesday and practice with them at Cleveland Clinic Courts in Independence, according to a Charge team source,” Josh Weir of CantonRep.com wrote. “Windler has not played this season because of a stress reaction in his left leg. The injury was diagnosed before the start of Cavs’ training camp.
“If he responds well Wednesday, he’ll play in Canton on Thursday for the Charge in their 7 p.m. game against the Rio Grande Valley Vipers. The Charge are the Cavs’ NBA G League affiliate.”
Windler has been out for the entirety of the 2019-20 season due to a left tibial stress reaction. Given the injury, it makes perfect sense why the Cavs want him to get a bit of playing time at the G League level before being called back up to the NBA.
When Windler does return, Cavs head coach John Beilein will look for the 6-foot-6 shooting guard to offer a deep threat to stretch the court.
Hopefully, all goes according to plan in Canton so that Windler can move on to the next, and likely final, stages of his recovery.