- Jordan Clarkson Tells Channing Frye to ‘Shut Up’ After He Gets Roasted in Hilarious Fashion
- John Beilein Rips Referees for Traveling Calls on Cavs: ‘It’s Not Fair’
- Kyrie Irving ‘Coward’ Signs Spotted in Boston Ahead of Celtics-Nets Matchup
- Tristan Thompson Says Collin Sexton and Darius Garland Are Different: ‘They’re Not Douchebags’
- Report: Cavs to Eventually Demote Collin Sexton to Bench Role
- Darius Garland Speaks on Recent Improvement: ‘It’s Starting to Slow Down for Me’
- Report: Rival Executives Expected Trail Blazers to Target Kevin Love After Zach Collins Injury
- LeBron James Hilariously Reacts to Richard Jefferson Trolling New York Knicks
- Kevin Love Not Buying That Kyrie Irving Is a Bad Teammate
- Tristan Thompson Calls Kyrie Irving ‘Great Teammate,’ Says Cavs Will Retire His Jersey
LeBron James Hilariously Reacts to Richard Jefferson Trolling New York Knicks
- Updated: November 26, 2019
James was Jefferson’s teammate with the Cavaliers for a few seasons including the year the franchise won its first championship. The Los Angeles Lakers superstar retweeted his former teammate’s response to the Knicks, who were disputing Jefferson’s claims that the team offered him a contract.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣!!! Man I love you @Rjeff24
Jefferson told his part of the story last Sunday during the local broadcast of a game between the Knicks and Brooklyn Nets.
Joking? 🤔 https://t.co/4DY7gtfDpn
“I refuse to play for the Knicks,” Jefferson said. “Jason Kidd and Kenyon Martin, they don’t really care. Me, I was the one person who said, ‘Knicks? No, I’ll retire.’ That’s why I retired. They were the one team that offered me a job and I decided to retire.”
Jefferson is currently the Nets’ game analyst for the YES Network. He retired from professional basketball last year, but he teased fans that he was coming back from retirement this summer.
The 39-year old was probably only joking about making a comeback, but it’s doubtful that he was only making up a story about his refusal to play for the Knicks.