- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
- Kevin Garnett schools LeBron James fans ‘who don’t know s–t’ about Cavs’ 2010 playoff collapse
- Report: Cavs source identifies several improvements in Darius Garland’s game
- Report: Cavs internally comparing Collin Sexton to Donovan Mitchell and Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Cavs will look for ‘defensive-minded players’ in NBA free agency
- Report: Cavs confidently view J.B. Bickerstaff as ‘head coach of the future’
- Cavs Rumors: Collin Sexton Looking ‘Monstrous’ and ‘Huge’ After Working on Body During Hiatus
- Here’s the Latest Update on ‘Mutual Interest’ Between Tristan Thompson and the Cavs
- Report: Darius Garland ‘Feels Snubbed and Disrespected’ by Exclusion From All-Rookie Teams
Report: Tristan Thompson to Miss Wednesday’s Contest vs. Miami Heat
- Updated: November 20, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers’ frontcourt hasn’t been at full strength as of late, and that trend will continue in Wednesday night’s contest versus the Miami Heat.
According to a Wednesday report, Tristan Thompson will miss the upcoming contest. Luckily, it won’t be because of injury.
Thompson is resting because it’s the third game in four nights. https://t.co/EZkWI0Vmla
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) November 20, 2019
Three games in four days would have certainly been quite the workload for the veteran big. That is especially true considering the fact that both Kevin Love and Larry Nance Jr. missed Sunday’s matchup against the New York Knicks.
As for Nance, he will start in Thompson’s absence. Love recently stated that he will also be ready to go for Wednesday’s clash. Hopefully, their return will be enough to help the Cavs get their first win in 10 days. Their last victory came in a Nov. 10 drubbing of the New York Knicks.
Earning a victory versus the Heat won’t be easy, however. The 9-3 Heat have been beating up on lesser teams all season long. Less than a week ago, they handed the Cavs a 108-97 loss.
No one expected this season to be easy for the Cavs. Injuries to key players have not made that road any easier thus far. While Thompson’s absence luckily isn’t due to injury, his contributions will surely be missed nonetheless.