- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
- Report: It’s ‘doubtful’ Cavs will be able to trade Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Cavs expected to offer Jarrett Allen massive multiyear contract
J.R. Smith Pays Tribute to Carmelo Anthony After Trade to Portland Trail Blazers
- Updated: November 15, 2019
A noteworthy story came down the pike Thursday evening, as Carmelo Anthony was finally signed by an NBA team.
The Portland Trail Blazers did the honors, giving Anthony a non-guaranteed contract.
Smith knows Anthony very well. The Newark, N.J. native was traded to the Denver Nuggets just prior to the 2006-07 season, when Anthony was a young buck who was getting buckets with regularity.
After the Allen Iverson-Chauncey Billups trade in the fall of 2008 finally brought some discipline and a team-first mentality to Denver, the Nuggets began to take flight.
Anthony and Smith helped lead the team to the 2009 Western Conference Finals, where they played Kobe Bryant’s Los Angeles Lakers to a standstill for almost five games before bowing out in six.
Most would have to consider that the high-water mark of Anthony’s career, as it’s the closest he’s come to an NBA championship (at least so far).
Smith also played with the 10-time NBA All-Star while on the New York Knicks from 2012 to 2015.