- Report: John Beilein Expected to Forfeit Nearly $20M to Leave Cavs Coaching Job
- Collin Sexton Says His Game Has Improved in ‘Every Aspect’ Since Entering NBA
- Collin Sexton Discusses Close Relationship With Chris Paul, Says He Talks to Him Every Week
- Kendrick Perkins Takes Jab at Kyrie Irving Replacing Pau Gasol as NBPA Vice President
- Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Expected to Replace Head Coach John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Has Become ‘Unhappy’ and ‘Miserable’ as Cavs Head Coach
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Step Down as Cavs Head Coach
- Video: Kevin Love Shares Powerful Words About Depression Alongside Barack Obama
- Darius Garland Being Compared to Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Putting in Additional Work in After 2020 Rising Stars Game
Kevin Love Sends Message to Gordon Hayward After His Devastating Injury News
- Updated: November 10, 2019
Boston Celtics forward Gordon Hayward looked to finally be back to All-Star form following a catastrophic ankle injury that took place in the 2017-18 season.
However, just as fans were truly starting to get excited about the prospect of a fully healed Hayward, the forward fractured his left hand in a game against the San Antonio Spurs on Saturday.
Early last season, Love injured his toe and ultimately had surgery to repair the damage. As a result, he played in just 22 games in the season and the Cavs’ plan to try to compete despite losing LeBron James to free agency quickly went off the rails.
This season, however, Love has enjoyed a major resurgence thanks much in part to his clean bill of health. In eight games, Love has averaged 18.5 points and 14.1 rebounds per game.
As for Hayward, the 2017 All-Star is set to see a specialist on Monday to determine whether or not he requires surgery. If he does, he could be out for a number of months.
Still, he will be back this season and will hopefully be able to continue the momentum that Love was speaking of.