- Report: Teams Were Asking Cavs to Give Them Money for Trouble of Trading for Kevin Love
- J.B. Bickerstaff Says Cavs Will Give Kevin Porter Jr. Heavy Workload After All-Star Break
- Former Michigan Player Defends John Beilein, Destroys Cavs Players for Not Valuing Winning
- Kevin Love Explains Why John Beilein’s a ‘Real Man’ Despite His Departure
- Cavs Rumors: John Beilein Treated His Players Like ‘Dictator’
- Report: Cavs Reassigning John Beilein to Different Role Within Organization
- Report: Cavs May Try to Trade Andre Drummond This Summer
- Report: Cavs Players Began Blasting ‘Thuggish Ruggish Bone’ and ‘Thugz Mansion’ in Front of John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Forfeit Nearly $20M to Leave Cavs Coaching Job
- Collin Sexton Says His Game Has Improved in ‘Every Aspect’ Since Entering NBA
Cavs News: Brandon Knight to Make Season Debut Today vs. Pacers
- Updated: November 1, 2019
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) November 1, 2019
Knight, 27, was shipped from the Houston Rockets to the Cavaliers midway through last season. While the guard only played in 27 contests with the Cavs, he put up a moderate 8.5 points, 2.3 assists and 1.9 rebounds per game.
However, Knight’s greatest contribution came as a mentor and encouraging supporter to then-rookie Collin Sexton, who had a superb second half of last season.
While the University of Kentucky product may be considered a veteran now, Knight is certainly still in the heart of his prime. In fact, at his peak, the 6-foot-3 guard put up an impressive 19.6 points, 5.1 assists and 3.9 rebounds per game with the Phoenix Suns during the 2015-16 regular season.
The journeyman has career averages of 14.5 points, 4.0 assists and 3.2 rebounds in 421 regular season games.