- Kevin Love Says Cavs Feeling ‘Pretty Damn Good’ Despite Loss to 76ers
- Tristan Thompson Talks Trash to 76ers Bench After Hitting 3-Pointer
- Report: 76ers Could Be Without Multiple All-Stars for Tuesday’s Game vs. Cavs
- Report: Knicks Owner James Dolan ‘Ordered’ Front Office to Address Media After Blowout Loss to Cavs
- John Beilein and Kevin Love Applaud Tristan Thompson for Taking on Leadership Role This Season
- Report: New York Knicks in Misery After Blowout Loss to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Tristan Thompson Says Cavs Are Seeking to Make Playoffs This Season
- Report: Michael Jordan Once Destroyed Cavs After Drinking 10 Bud Lights
- Kevin Love Sends Message to Gordon Hayward After His Devastating Injury News
- LeBron James Hints at How He ‘Got Into It in Cleveland’ With Tyronn Lue
Collin Sexton Explains His Nasty Dunk Over Wendell Carter Jr.
- Updated: October 31, 2019
With just under 40 seconds lefts on the clock, the Cavs were looking to add to their four-point lead. As the shot clock wound down, Kevin Love found Sexton cutting to the basket.
While Sexton could have tried to lay the ball in and avoid contact, he opted instead to go straight at Chicago Bulls big man Wendell Carter Jr. That decision resulted in an electrifying play that displayed Sexton’s guts and athletic ability.
“I was going to try to lay it in, and I was like, ‘I may as well do a dunk.’” – @CollinSexton02
Darn right you might as well, Young Bull! 🧨🧨🧨 https://t.co/rkaGIl9GQV
When asked why he decided to dunk, Sexton’s reasoning was short and sweet.
Sexton had another strong night in the Cavs’ fourth game of the season, recording 18 points for the third straight game. While he notched just two assists, two rebounds and also committed four turnovers, it’s his dunk that will be remembered most.
Up next, the Cavs will face off against the hobbled Indiana Pacers.