- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
Collin Sexton Explains His Nasty Dunk Over Wendell Carter Jr.
- Updated: October 31, 2019
With just under 40 seconds lefts on the clock, the Cavs were looking to add to their four-point lead. As the shot clock wound down, Kevin Love found Sexton cutting to the basket.
While Sexton could have tried to lay the ball in and avoid contact, he opted instead to go straight at Chicago Bulls big man Wendell Carter Jr. That decision resulted in an electrifying play that displayed Sexton’s guts and athletic ability.
“I was going to try to lay it in, and I was like, ‘I may as well do a dunk.’” – @CollinSexton02
Darn right you might as well, Young Bull! ??? https://t.co/rkaGIl9GQV
When asked why he decided to dunk, Sexton’s reasoning was short and sweet.
Sexton had another strong night in the Cavs’ fourth game of the season, recording 18 points for the third straight game. While he notched just two assists, two rebounds and also committed four turnovers, it’s his dunk that will be remembered most.
Up next, the Cavs will face off against the hobbled Indiana Pacers.