- Kevin Love Explains Why John Beilein’s a ‘Real Man’ Despite His Departure
- Cavs Rumors: John Beilein Treated His Players Like ‘Dictator’
- Report: Cavs Reassigning John Beilein to Different Role Within Organization
- Report: Cavs May Try to Trade Andre Drummond This Summer
- Report: Cavs Players Began Blasting ‘Thuggish Ruggish Bone’ and ‘Thugz Mansion’ in Front of John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Forfeit Nearly $20M to Leave Cavs Coaching Job
- Collin Sexton Says His Game Has Improved in ‘Every Aspect’ Since Entering NBA
- Collin Sexton Discusses Close Relationship With Chris Paul, Says He Talks to Him Every Week
- Kendrick Perkins Takes Jab at Kyrie Irving Replacing Pau Gasol as NBPA Vice President
- Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Expected to Replace Head Coach John Beilein
Collin Sexton Explains His Nasty Dunk Over Wendell Carter Jr.
- Updated: October 31, 2019
With just under 40 seconds lefts on the clock, the Cavs were looking to add to their four-point lead. As the shot clock wound down, Kevin Love found Sexton cutting to the basket.
While Sexton could have tried to lay the ball in and avoid contact, he opted instead to go straight at Chicago Bulls big man Wendell Carter Jr. That decision resulted in an electrifying play that displayed Sexton’s guts and athletic ability.
“I was going to try to lay it in, and I was like, ‘I may as well do a dunk.’” – @CollinSexton02
Darn right you might as well, Young Bull! 🧨🧨🧨 https://t.co/rkaGIl9GQV
When asked why he decided to dunk, Sexton’s reasoning was short and sweet.
Sexton had another strong night in the Cavs’ fourth game of the season, recording 18 points for the third straight game. While he notched just two assists, two rebounds and also committed four turnovers, it’s his dunk that will be remembered most.
Up next, the Cavs will face off against the hobbled Indiana Pacers.