- Report: LaMelo Ball has no plans to meet with Cavs ahead of 2020 NBA Draft
- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
Collin Sexton Explains His Nasty Dunk Over Wendell Carter Jr.
- Updated: October 31, 2019
With just under 40 seconds lefts on the clock, the Cavs were looking to add to their four-point lead. As the shot clock wound down, Kevin Love found Sexton cutting to the basket.
While Sexton could have tried to lay the ball in and avoid contact, he opted instead to go straight at Chicago Bulls big man Wendell Carter Jr. That decision resulted in an electrifying play that displayed Sexton’s guts and athletic ability.
“I was going to try to lay it in, and I was like, ‘I may as well do a dunk.’” – @CollinSexton02
Darn right you might as well, Young Bull! ??? https://t.co/rkaGIl9GQV
When asked why he decided to dunk, Sexton’s reasoning was short and sweet.
Sexton had another strong night in the Cavs’ fourth game of the season, recording 18 points for the third straight game. While he notched just two assists, two rebounds and also committed four turnovers, it’s his dunk that will be remembered most.
Up next, the Cavs will face off against the hobbled Indiana Pacers.