- Report: Cavs have begun exploring trade options for JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs offer major update on when Darius Garland and Collin Sexton could return
- Andre Drummond offers powerful message of support after Kevin Porter Jr. rejoins Cavs
- Former Cavs big man emphatically predicts team will trade Andre Drummond
- Report: Cavs-Wizards matchups on Sunday and Monday postponed due to COVID-19
- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
Cavs News: Kyrie Irving to Make Return on Sunday vs. Philadelphia 76ers
- Updated: December 19, 2015
Kyrie Irving is officially back.
The 23-year-old point guard has announced on Twitter that he’ll make his long awaited season debut versus the Philadelphia 76ers on Sunday afternoon:
The Cleveland Cavaliers star had missed the first 24 games of the season due to a knee injury he suffered in Game 1 of the NBA Finals last June. Over the last couple of weeks, Irving had engaged in practices with the team.
It was previously believed that he would make his season debut versus the Oklahoma City Thunder on Thursday night, but Irving quickly refuted that report, citing the story as false.
Irving’s season debut couldn’t come at a better time—the Cavaliers will take on the league-worst 1-27 Sixers on Sunday.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) December 19, 2015
With Irving now back in the lineup, Cleveland is back at full strength as they prepare for their Christmas Day showdown with the Golden State Warriors.