- Tristan Thompson Talks Trash to 76ers Bench After Hitting 3-Pointer
- Report: 76ers Could Be Without Multiple All-Stars for Tuesday’s Game vs. Cavs
- Report: Knicks Owner James Dolan ‘Ordered’ Front Office to Address Media After Blowout Loss to Cavs
- John Beilein and Kevin Love Applaud Tristan Thompson for Taking on Leadership Role This Season
- Report: New York Knicks in Misery After Blowout Loss to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Tristan Thompson Says Cavs Are Seeking to Make Playoffs This Season
- Report: Michael Jordan Once Destroyed Cavs After Drinking 10 Bud Lights
- Kevin Love Sends Message to Gordon Hayward After His Devastating Injury News
- LeBron James Hints at How He ‘Got Into It in Cleveland’ With Tyronn Lue
- Bradley Beal Gushes Over Darius Garland: ‘He Was Already Destined for This’
Darius Garland Says Collin Sexton Has Been Like ‘Big Brother’ Throughout Season
- Updated: October 28, 2019
Just two games into the 2019-20 season, it looks like that partnership is already coming along swimmingly.
Garland recently spoke about his relationship with Sexton and revealed that he now considers Sexton to be like a big brother to him.
“Collin’s been like my big brother throughout the whole season,” Garland said. “He’s always talking to me, on and off the court, about little things, really. He’s been through it. And I listen to him.”
This is fantastic news for both the team and its fans. When the Cavs selected Garland with the No. 5 overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, it seemed possible that the two point guards could enter a competitive or even adversarial relationship. It looks like the opposite has come to pass, however, as the two players have clearly grown together both on and off the court.
Through two games, both Sexton and Garland have started alongside one another. While the two struggled to find a strong rhythm in Cleveland’s opening night loss to the Orlando Magic, both players bounced back in the team’s surprise win over the Indiana Pacers on Saturday.
Sexton finished that game with 18 points, five rebounds, and three assists. Garland registered the first double-digit scoring night of his career with 12 points to go along with four assists. What’s more impressive is that they both enjoyed strong games against a Pacers team that is expected to compete for a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
The rebuild in Cleveland is still very much in process, but it seems quite possible that the Cavs have struck gold in each of the last two drafts. Hopefully, this young brotherhood continues to grow this season and beyond.