- Iman Shumpert clears up what Kyrie Irving meant after seemingly dissing LeBron James
- Cavs superstar Kevin Love seen working out in New York with renowned trainer
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
Darius Garland Says Collin Sexton Has Been Like ‘Big Brother’ Throughout Season
- Updated: October 28, 2019
Just two games into the 2019-20 season, it looks like that partnership is already coming along swimmingly.
Garland recently spoke about his relationship with Sexton and revealed that he now considers Sexton to be like a big brother to him.
“Collin’s been like my big brother throughout the whole season,” Garland said. “He’s always talking to me, on and off the court, about little things, really. He’s been through it. And I listen to him.”
This is fantastic news for both the team and its fans. When the Cavs selected Garland with the No. 5 overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, it seemed possible that the two point guards could enter a competitive or even adversarial relationship. It looks like the opposite has come to pass, however, as the two players have clearly grown together both on and off the court.
Through two games, both Sexton and Garland have started alongside one another. While the two struggled to find a strong rhythm in Cleveland’s opening night loss to the Orlando Magic, both players bounced back in the team’s surprise win over the Indiana Pacers on Saturday.
Sexton finished that game with 18 points, five rebounds, and three assists. Garland registered the first double-digit scoring night of his career with 12 points to go along with four assists. What’s more impressive is that they both enjoyed strong games against a Pacers team that is expected to compete for a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
The rebuild in Cleveland is still very much in process, but it seems quite possible that the Cavs have struck gold in each of the last two drafts. Hopefully, this young brotherhood continues to grow this season and beyond.