- Report: Cavs Have Made Everyone Except Darius Garland Available in Trade Talks
- Report: Cavs Asking for 1st-Round Pick in Exchange for Kevin Love
- Tristan Thompson Gushes About Kevin Porter Jr.: ‘The Kid Has Something Special’
- Report: Cavs Actively Listening to Trade Proposals for Kevin Love
- Cavs Rumors: Kevin Love ‘Prefers’ Trade to Portland Trail Blazers
- Kevin Porter Jr. Rips Cavs Defense, Says ‘We Keep Ball-Watching’
- Tristan Thompson’s Statement After Cavs Loss: ‘Rather Lose Like This Than Any Other F——— Way’
- Report: John Beilein Reached Out to 76ers Coach on How to Deal With Struggling Cavs
- Report: Portland Trail Blazers Could Package Hassan Whiteside, 1st-Round Pick for Kevin Love
- Report: Denver Nuggets Could Package Multiple Players in Trade for Kevin Love
Report: Cavs Claim Former Warriors Forward Alfonzo McKinnie Off Waivers
- Updated: October 21, 2019
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) October 21, 2019
The 27-year-old was recently waived by the Golden State Warriors. In 72 games last season, McKinnie put up an average of 4.7 points on 48.7 percent shooting and 35.6 percent three-point shooting in 13.9 minutes per game.
The Cavs were expected to claim a player off of waivers before the season began as they had just 13 players under contract, which is one under the league minimum of 14. McKinnie will likely come off the bench for the Cavs in a similar role to the one he fulfilled on the Warriors.