- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
- Cavs break silence regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubling arrest
- Report: Celtics offered multiple 1st-round picks for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
- Cavs news: Kevin Porter Jr. arrested on weapons charges
- Report: Veteran big man would ‘love to play’ for Cavs as free agency nears
Report: Cavs Claim Former Warriors Forward Alfonzo McKinnie Off Waivers
- Updated: October 21, 2019
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) October 21, 2019
The 27-year-old was recently waived by the Golden State Warriors. In 72 games last season, McKinnie put up an average of 4.7 points on 48.7 percent shooting and 35.6 percent three-point shooting in 13.9 minutes per game.
The Cavs were expected to claim a player off of waivers before the season began as they had just 13 players under contract, which is one under the league minimum of 14. McKinnie will likely come off the bench for the Cavs in a similar role to the one he fulfilled on the Warriors.