- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
- Channing Frye Refuses to Call Stephen Curry ‘Lock’ for MVP
Cavs Pay Amazing Tribute to ‘Shirtless J.R. Smith’ at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse
- Updated: October 8, 2019
The newly renovated Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse was built not only with the Cleveland Cavaliers’ future in mind, but the team’s past as well.
That honoring of the past unsurprisingly includes memories from the 2016 NBA Finals, which the Cavs won in an iconic seven-game series.
One of the most memorable moments from the ensuing parade in downtown Cleveland included former Cavs guard J.R. Smith celebrating shirtless.
As it turns out, that moment was so memorable that the designers of the refurbished arena decided to immortalize it.
The Cavs are paying tribute to “Shirtless JR” at The Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse. Amazing. pic.twitter.com/VVZQLmKJrr
— Hayden Grove (@H_Grove) October 7, 2019
This is sure to put a smile on the face of any Cavs fan. While Smith is no longer on the team, antics such as these made him a fan favorite during his time in Cleveland.
Now, Smith is simply hoping to continue his NBA career. While he is not on an NBA roster at the moment, he recently assured a fan that he is just waiting for his phone to ring.