- Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert Pens Emotional Statement After Passing of Fred McLeod
- Austin Carr Can’t Hold Back Tears When Discussing Partnership With Fred McLeod
- Kevin Durant Says He Was Never One of Warriors, Calls Kyrie Irving ‘Best Friend’ in Entire League
- LeBron James, Channing Frye, and Cavs Players Respond to Passing of Fred McLeod
- Report: Cavs Mourn Passing of Play-By-Play Announcer Fred McLeod
- Cavs Rumors: Tristan Thompson Got Into Heated Altercation With Kanye West
- Darius Garland Impresses Both Ben Simmons and Renowned NBA Trainer With ‘Unlimited’ Range
- Cedi Osman Hits Buzzer-Beater, Dominates World Cup Game
- Report: Anderson Varejao Hints He’s Interested in Coming Back to Cavs
- Former NBA Big Man Thinks LeBron James, Cavs Prepared for Spurs Over Warriors in 2015
Cavs News: Darius Garland Named 2nd Best Playmaker in 2019 NBA Draft
- Updated: August 20, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers had themselves an incredibly successful 2019 NBA Draft. That fact has been supported by two out of their three first-round picks being named in this summer’s rookie survey.
The other Cavs rookie to be named in the survey was No. 5 overall pick Darius Garland. He was named the runner-up for best playmaker in the draft behind No. 2 overall pick Ja Morant.
It’s going to be fascinating to see how Garland and sophomore guard Collin Sexton play side by side. At this point, it seems as though the talented youngsters are going to be the backcourt of the future for the Cavs. Both players are thought to be shoot-first guards so there are sure to be some growing pains early on.
If the two can figure out a productive and efficient way to play together, however, it could be a match made in heaven.
Until then, it’s up to Sexton, Garland and the Cavs coaching staff to figure out who is going to be the primary playmaker going forward.