- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Cavs News: Darius Garland Named 2nd Best Playmaker in 2019 NBA Draft
- Updated: August 20, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers had themselves an incredibly successful 2019 NBA Draft. That fact has been supported by two out of their three first-round picks being named in this summer’s rookie survey.
The other Cavs rookie to be named in the survey was No. 5 overall pick Darius Garland. He was named the runner-up for best playmaker in the draft behind No. 2 overall pick Ja Morant.
It’s going to be fascinating to see how Garland and sophomore guard Collin Sexton play side by side. At this point, it seems as though the talented youngsters are going to be the backcourt of the future for the Cavs. Both players are thought to be shoot-first guards so there are sure to be some growing pains early on.
If the two can figure out a productive and efficient way to play together, however, it could be a match made in heaven.
Until then, it’s up to Sexton, Garland and the Cavs coaching staff to figure out who is going to be the primary playmaker going forward.