- Kevin Love Says Cavs Feeling ‘Pretty Damn Good’ Despite Loss to 76ers
- Tristan Thompson Talks Trash to 76ers Bench After Hitting 3-Pointer
- Report: 76ers Could Be Without Multiple All-Stars for Tuesday’s Game vs. Cavs
- Report: Knicks Owner James Dolan ‘Ordered’ Front Office to Address Media After Blowout Loss to Cavs
- John Beilein and Kevin Love Applaud Tristan Thompson for Taking on Leadership Role This Season
- Report: New York Knicks in Misery After Blowout Loss to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Tristan Thompson Says Cavs Are Seeking to Make Playoffs This Season
- Report: Michael Jordan Once Destroyed Cavs After Drinking 10 Bud Lights
- Kevin Love Sends Message to Gordon Hayward After His Devastating Injury News
- LeBron James Hints at How He ‘Got Into It in Cleveland’ With Tyronn Lue
Cavs News: Darius Garland Named 2nd Best Playmaker in 2019 NBA Draft
- Updated: August 20, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers had themselves an incredibly successful 2019 NBA Draft. That fact has been supported by two out of their three first-round picks being named in this summer’s rookie survey.
The other Cavs rookie to be named in the survey was No. 5 overall pick Darius Garland. He was named the runner-up for best playmaker in the draft behind No. 2 overall pick Ja Morant.
It’s going to be fascinating to see how Garland and sophomore guard Collin Sexton play side by side. At this point, it seems as though the talented youngsters are going to be the backcourt of the future for the Cavs. Both players are thought to be shoot-first guards so there are sure to be some growing pains early on.
If the two can figure out a productive and efficient way to play together, however, it could be a match made in heaven.
Until then, it’s up to Sexton, Garland and the Cavs coaching staff to figure out who is going to be the primary playmaker going forward.