- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Cavs News: Darius Garland Named 2nd Best Playmaker in 2019 NBA Draft
- Updated: August 20, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers had themselves an incredibly successful 2019 NBA Draft. That fact has been supported by two out of their three first-round picks being named in this summer’s rookie survey.
The other Cavs rookie to be named in the survey was No. 5 overall pick Darius Garland. He was named the runner-up for best playmaker in the draft behind No. 2 overall pick Ja Morant.
It’s going to be fascinating to see how Garland and sophomore guard Collin Sexton play side by side. At this point, it seems as though the talented youngsters are going to be the backcourt of the future for the Cavs. Both players are thought to be shoot-first guards so there are sure to be some growing pains early on.
If the two can figure out a productive and efficient way to play together, however, it could be a match made in heaven.
Until then, it’s up to Sexton, Garland and the Cavs coaching staff to figure out who is going to be the primary playmaker going forward.