- Video: Andre Drummond Drains Acrobatic 3-Pointer in Scrimmage
- Cavs Rumors: Growing Belief That NBA Won’t Create 2nd Bubble for 8 Eliminated Teams
- Report: Cavs Were ‘Livid’ to Be Left Out of NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Deems Anthony Davis ‘Monstar’ After Huge Game in NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Shares Emotional Message About Why He Feels Lucky to Be on Cavs
- Dylan Windler Offers Incredibly Positive Update on Injury Recovery
- Tristan Thompson Gets Hyped While Explaining Why LeBron James Is the Best Player in the NBA
- Larry Nance Jr. Breaks Down Why He’s a ‘Huge Fan’ of LaMelo Ball
- Report: Cavs and Andre Drummond Exploring ‘Substantial Offer’ for Long-Term Extension
- Report: Cavs Have 1 Draft Prospect ‘Sitting Firmly Towards the Top’ of Their List
Cavs News: Darius Garland Named 2nd Best Playmaker in 2019 NBA Draft
- Updated: August 20, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers had themselves an incredibly successful 2019 NBA Draft. That fact has been supported by two out of their three first-round picks being named in this summer’s rookie survey.
The other Cavs rookie to be named in the survey was No. 5 overall pick Darius Garland. He was named the runner-up for best playmaker in the draft behind No. 2 overall pick Ja Morant.
It’s going to be fascinating to see how Garland and sophomore guard Collin Sexton play side by side. At this point, it seems as though the talented youngsters are going to be the backcourt of the future for the Cavs. Both players are thought to be shoot-first guards so there are sure to be some growing pains early on.
If the two can figure out a productive and efficient way to play together, however, it could be a match made in heaven.
Until then, it’s up to Sexton, Garland and the Cavs coaching staff to figure out who is going to be the primary playmaker going forward.