- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Kevin Porter Jr. and Bol Bol Voted as Biggest Steals in 2019 NBA Draft
- Updated: August 19, 2019
Before Kevin Porter Jr. had a disappointing one-season career at the University of Southern California, he was considered to be a surefire future lottery pick amongst many NBA fans and analysts.
After averaging just 9.8 points, 4.0 rebounds, and 1.4 assists in 21 games at USC, Porter saw his draft stock plummet. That allowed the Cleveland Cavaliers to select the shooting guard with the 30th overall position in the 2019 NBA Draft.
Now, with just over two months until opening night of the 2019-20 NBA regular season, Porter’s peers have participated in a survey to vote the Cavs rookie as one of the two biggest steals of the draft.
There was already a lot to be excited about Porter immediately after the Cavs drafted him. Throughout the summer, that excitement has only grown as executives and former All-Stars alike have raved about his potential.
On the rebuilding Cavs, Porter will have ample opportunity to live up to his peers’ expectations for him. If he can keep his head on straight, and adopt the lifestyle necessary to succeed in the league, Porter could prove an incredibly valuable member of the team’s young core for seasons to come.