- Report: Cavs Have Made Everyone Except Darius Garland Available in Trade Talks
- Report: Cavs Asking for 1st-Round Pick in Exchange for Kevin Love
- Tristan Thompson Gushes About Kevin Porter Jr.: ‘The Kid Has Something Special’
- Report: Cavs Actively Listening to Trade Proposals for Kevin Love
- Cavs Rumors: Kevin Love ‘Prefers’ Trade to Portland Trail Blazers
- Kevin Porter Jr. Rips Cavs Defense, Says ‘We Keep Ball-Watching’
- Tristan Thompson’s Statement After Cavs Loss: ‘Rather Lose Like This Than Any Other F——— Way’
- Report: John Beilein Reached Out to 76ers Coach on How to Deal With Struggling Cavs
- Report: Portland Trail Blazers Could Package Hassan Whiteside, 1st-Round Pick for Kevin Love
- Report: Denver Nuggets Could Package Multiple Players in Trade for Kevin Love
Kevin Porter Jr. and Bol Bol Voted as Biggest Steals in 2019 NBA Draft
- Updated: August 19, 2019
Before Kevin Porter Jr. had a disappointing one-season career at the University of Southern California, he was considered to be a surefire future lottery pick amongst many NBA fans and analysts.
After averaging just 9.8 points, 4.0 rebounds, and 1.4 assists in 21 games at USC, Porter saw his draft stock plummet. That allowed the Cleveland Cavaliers to select the shooting guard with the 30th overall position in the 2019 NBA Draft.
Now, with just over two months until opening night of the 2019-20 NBA regular season, Porter’s peers have participated in a survey to vote the Cavs rookie as one of the two biggest steals of the draft.
There was already a lot to be excited about Porter immediately after the Cavs drafted him. Throughout the summer, that excitement has only grown as executives and former All-Stars alike have raved about his potential.
On the rebuilding Cavs, Porter will have ample opportunity to live up to his peers’ expectations for him. If he can keep his head on straight, and adopt the lifestyle necessary to succeed in the league, Porter could prove an incredibly valuable member of the team’s young core for seasons to come.