- Larry Nance Jr. hilariously reacts to sugar momma offering him $3K every weekend
- Former Cavs forward desperately begs for job in the NBA: ‘I’d play for free’
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. accused of punching a woman in the face in downtown Cleveland
- Channing Frye rips Milwaukee Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo after Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
Larry Nance Jr. Posts Emotional Thank You Message to J.R. Smith
- Updated: July 16, 2019
Nance shared a photo of a shirtless Smith during the Cavs’ championship parade in 2016.
Nance wasn’t a member of 2016 championship team, but he knows how beloved Smith is in Cleveland.
The two became teammates after the 2018 trade deadline deal that brought Nance from the Los Angeles Lakers to the Cavaliers. Smith played only 11 games last season after mutually agreeing with the team to take a leave of absence.
The Cavs had been trying to trade Smith since November, but were unable to find a trade partner for the necessary pieces they were looking for.
He was waived by the Cavaliers on Monday before his $15.6 million contract for next season became guaranteed. The guarantee date on his deal was extended from June 30 to July 15 in exchange for an additional $500,000 on top of his $3.9 million guaranteed money.
Once he clears waivers, the veteran shooting guard will be a free agent.
The 6-foot-6 shooting guard has a career average of 37.3 percent shooting from 3-point range, which could make him a valuable member of a championship contender.