- Khloe Kardashian Addresses Rumors That She’s Pregnant With Tristan Thompson’s Baby
- Tristan Thompson Reveals His Biggest Concern in Resuming NBA Season
- Former Cavs Big Man Says LeBron James, Not Michael Jordan, Should Be No. 1 in ESPN Player Rankings
- Report: Cavs Could Go After Josh Jackson, Derrick Jones Jr. and Harry Giles in Free Agency
- Phil Handy Reveals Fans Would Be ‘Shocked’ From Footage of 2016 Cavs Documentary
- Larry Nance Jr. and His Dad Have Been Having Constant Michael Jordan vs. LeBron James Debates
- Larry Nance Jr. Says NBA Needs to Crown Champion This Season
- Report: Majority of NBA Players Eliminated From Playoff Contention Want Regular Season Cancelled
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. Eager to ‘Play Anywhere’ as Long as Season Resumes
- Jayson Tatum Admits He Watches His Famous Dunk Over LeBron James Every Single Day
Report: Cavs Expected to Waive J.R. Smith Today
- Updated: July 15, 2019
According to multiple sources, the Cavs are expected to waive Smith this afternoon, a move that will keep the team’s salary under the luxury tax threshold.
It’s an unfortunate outcome, as it once seemed as though the Cavs were going to be able to receive some kind of future asset in return for the shooting guard. In fact, it was previously reported that the Cavs had offers for first-round picks in exchange for Smith.
Seemingly, the Cavs believed better offers would ultimately come, but as the offseason has worn on, it has become clear that that will not be the case.
Now, it will be interesting to see if Smith attempts to join a different NBA team, or simply calls it quits on a successful career.
In his career, Smith has averaged 12.5 points, 3.2 rebounds, and 2.1 assists per game.