- Larry Nance Jr. hilariously reacts to sugar momma offering him $3K every weekend
- Former Cavs forward desperately begs for job in the NBA: ‘I’d play for free’
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. accused of punching a woman in the face in downtown Cleveland
- Channing Frye rips Milwaukee Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo after Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
J.R. Smith’s Immediate Reaction After Getting Released by Cavs
- Updated: July 15, 2019
The two sides parted early in the 2018-19 regular season after Smith grew dissatisfied with the team’s direction. While the Cavs had openly been shopping Smith as possible trade bait, no such deal ever materialized.
On Monday, it was announced that the Cavs had decided to release the veteran guard. Following the report, Smith took to Instagram to express his approval of the move.
Smith spent four and a half seasons with the Cavs after being acquired from the New York Knicks in a three-team trade. During his time with the Cavs, he primarily served as a solid scoring option off the bench.
Smith will forever be a fan favorite in Cleveland due to his role in the 2016 NBA championship. He will also always be fondly remembered for his unabashed style of celebration after that championship victory.
Now, it will be interesting to see what Smith opts to do. While it seems likely that he will look to continue his NBA career, he may also decide to hang it up for good after a long and successful career.