- Cavs Big Man Jordan Bell Reflects on Painful Series of Trades: ‘I Wanted to Fight Somebody’
- Video: Andre Drummond Drains Acrobatic 3-Pointer in Scrimmage
- Cavs Rumors: Growing Belief That NBA Won’t Create 2nd Bubble for 8 Eliminated Teams
- Report: Cavs Were ‘Livid’ to Be Left Out of NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Deems Anthony Davis ‘Monstar’ After Huge Game in NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Shares Emotional Message About Why He Feels Lucky to Be on Cavs
- Dylan Windler Offers Incredibly Positive Update on Injury Recovery
- Tristan Thompson Gets Hyped While Explaining Why LeBron James Is the Best Player in the NBA
- Larry Nance Jr. Breaks Down Why He’s a ‘Huge Fan’ of LaMelo Ball
- Report: Cavs and Andre Drummond Exploring ‘Substantial Offer’ for Long-Term Extension
J.R. Smith’s Immediate Reaction After Getting Released by Cavs
- Updated: July 15, 2019
The two sides parted early in the 2018-19 regular season after Smith grew dissatisfied with the team’s direction. While the Cavs had openly been shopping Smith as possible trade bait, no such deal ever materialized.
On Monday, it was announced that the Cavs had decided to release the veteran guard. Following the report, Smith took to Instagram to express his approval of the move.
Smith spent four and a half seasons with the Cavs after being acquired from the New York Knicks in a three-team trade. During his time with the Cavs, he primarily served as a solid scoring option off the bench.
Smith will forever be a fan favorite in Cleveland due to his role in the 2016 NBA championship. He will also always be fondly remembered for his unabashed style of celebration after that championship victory.
Now, it will be interesting to see what Smith opts to do. While it seems likely that he will look to continue his NBA career, he may also decide to hang it up for good after a long and successful career.