- Former Cavs Player Delonte West Seen Getting Beat Down on Freeway
- Report: Cavs Sign Tyler Cook to 2nd 10-Day Contract
- Report: Some Cavs Players Still Question John Beilein’s Ability to Succeed in NBA
- Tristan Thompson Indicates Refs Were Wrong to Eject Him for Incident With Jae Crowder
- Tristan Thompson Gets Ejected for Slapping Jae Crowder’s Behind
- Jose Calderon Details LeBron James Breaking His Hand After Game 1 of 2018 NBA Finals
- Collin Sexton Says There Was a Lot of ‘Disrespect’ Amongst Cavs Players Early in Season
- Report: NBA Executives Believe Kevin Love Was Primary Voice Behind Criticism of John Beilein
- Cavs Rumors: Tristan Thompson ‘Coveted by Contenders’ in Potential Trade
- 3 Ideal Trades the Cavs Should Pursue for Kevin Love
Larry Nance Jr. Hilariously Celebrates Ivica Zubac’s Big Contract, Has 1 Request of Former Teammate
- Updated: July 6, 2019
Upon hearing on Saturday that his former Lakers teammate, Ivica Zubac, agreed to a contract extension with the Los Angeles Clippers, Nance jokingly offered an enthusiastic congratulations.
Zubac was a second-round selection (and 32nd overall) by the Lakers in 2016, one year after Nance was picked by them in the first round (27th overall). Like Nance, Zubac was dealt away at the trade deadline in his third season.
Hoping to build on playing time that’s been split between the NBA and G League, Zubac’s three seasons have seen him average 6.9 points and 4.6 rebounds in 140 NBA games. One reason the Clippers decided to give him that extension was because his increased playing time in 26 regular season games with them bumped up his averages to 9.4 points and 7.7 rebounds per contest.
In his first full season with the Cavaliers this past year, Nance had career-highs in scoring and rebounds. He averaged 9.4 points and 8.2 rebounds per game and also more than doubled his assists average, finishing with 3.2 per game. His four-year contract extension is worth an estimated $44.8 million, which means that he’s actually in better financial position to foot the bill for that dinner.
Exactly when the dinner between Nance and Zubac takes place is as yet unknown, but Nance’s prominent presence on social media will undoubtedly make sure to take note.