- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
- Cavs break silence regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubling arrest
- Report: Celtics offered multiple 1st-round picks for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
- Cavs news: Kevin Porter Jr. arrested on weapons charges
- Report: Veteran big man would ‘love to play’ for Cavs as free agency nears
Report: Cavs Interested in Signing Free Agent Guard Justin Holiday
- Updated: July 4, 2019
While the Cleveland Cavaliers haven’t been big players in free agency this offseason, the team is interested in improving its roster with small additions.
One of those additions might be free agent guard Justin Holiday, who the Cavs are reportedly interested in signing.
Free agent Justin Holiday is considering interest from several teams including the Lakers, Clippers, Bulls, Raptors, Pacers, Wizards, Hornets and Cavaliers, league sources told @TheAthleticNBA. Memphis is open to a sign-and-trade with him.
— Michael Scotto (@MikeAScotto) July 4, 2019
Holiday, 30, is a serviceable guard with plenty of experience in the NBA. The 6-foot-6 pro put up 9.5 points and 5.5 rebounds in 44 games with the Memphis Grizzlies this past season.
The journeyman is the brother of New Orleans Pelicans guard Jrue Holiday and Indiana Pacers point guard Aaron Holiday.
Although the Cavs added guards and forwards through the 2019 draft, the team is still looking to enhance the roster before the start of the 2019-20 regular season. In addition, the Cavs are focused on developing their youngsters as they rebuild the franchise following the departure of four-time MVP LeBron James last summer.