- Kevin Love Gives Props to LeBron James Paying Tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Tristan Thompson Says City of Cleveland Has Best Sports Fans
- Report: Kevin Love and Charlamagne tha God to Collaborate on Mental Health Talk
- Report: Cavs From 2016 Championship Team Wore Rings for Fred McLeod’s Funeral
- Cleveland Indians Honor Fred McLeod With Moment of Silence Before Game
- J.R. Smith Pays Respect to Shaun Livingston After He Announces Retirement
- Report: Cavs Insider Ranks Team’s 5 Most Valuable Trade Pieces
- Sports Illustrated Ranks Kevin Love in Top 50 of Best NBA Players of 2020 List
- Ben Simmons Clowns Darius Garland’s NBA 2K20 Player via Social Media
- Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert Pens Emotional Statement After Passing of Fred McLeod
LeBron James Offers Cavs Fans Inspiring Message on Anniversary of Banner Being Taken Down
- Updated: July 3, 2019
One year ago today, the banner that hung over the city of Cleveland with LeBron James’ likeness came down after he signed with the Los Angeles Lakers as a free agent.
While the banner of James in his Cleveland Cavaliers jersey no longer hangs, the things he accomplished and the memories he made when he wore that jersey will last forever.
That was the message James himself offered in the comments section of an Instagram post posted by SportsCenter.
James has now played for three NBA franchises, but his message seems to indicate that he does indeed feel that playing for the Cavs, his hometown squad, was a truly special and unique experience.
James was of course drafted by the Cavs in 2003 and left for the Miami Heat in 2010. Then in 2014, James elected to return to the Cavs to finish what he started and win a championship in the Wine and Gold.
That culminated in the miraculous come-from-behind win against the Golden State Warriors, when James and company overcame a 3-1 deficit in the 2016 NBA Finals to bring a title to Northeast Ohio.
In his message, James made sure to remind his many fans in Ohio that that 2016 NBA Finals banner will never fall.