- Cavs Head Coach John Beilein Reveals Why Dylan Windler Will Succeed in NBA
- Former Cavs Teammate Discusses Kyrie Irving’s Personality: He’s ‘Misunderstood’
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Involved in Russell Westbrook Trade With Miami Heat
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. to Give Cavs ‘Rare’ Discount on Rookie Contract
- Richard Jefferson Asks Kevin Love for Pictures of His Girlfriend Kate Bock
- Larry Nance Jr. ‘Happy as Hell’ With Cavs’ Offseason, Expects to Be ‘Problem’ for Opponents
- Former Cavs Player Outraged After ESPN Analysts Count Out LeBron James and Lakers
- Here’s What the Portland Trail Blazers Could Offer in a Trade for Kevin Love
- Darius Garland Details How ‘Camaraderie Is Building Already’ Between Him and Collin Sexton
- J.R. Smith Says He Will Not Be Reaching Out to LeBron James or Lakers
Report: Cavs to Be ‘Very Interested’ in Caris LeVert If He Becomes Available
- Updated: June 30, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers are reportedly eyeing Brooklyn Nets small forward Caris LeVert should he become available in the market. The do-it-all 24-year old would be a great fit for the Cavs who are looking to develop young players, especially those with All-Star potential.
With the news that KD and Kyrie are going to the Nets, would again expect the Cavs to be very interested in Caris LeVert if he comes available or as a RFA next summer
— Mike Zavagno (@MZavagno11) June 30, 2019
The Brooklyn Nets have made a huge splash at the start of free agency with reported deals in place for Kyrie Irving, Kevin Durant and DeAndre Jordan. Levert may be thrilled to play with a team that can finally contend for a title.
But he may also lose the potential to further develop his skills with fewer opportunities and bigger expectations ahead for the team.
Additionally, LeVert’s coach at the University of Michigan was John Beilein, who he could reunite with if he is made available via trade or as a restricted free agent. In the playoffs, LeVert averaged 21.0 points per game in five games against the Philadelphia 76ers.