- Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert Pens Emotional Statement After Passing of Fred McLeod
- Austin Carr Can’t Hold Back Tears When Discussing Partnership With Fred McLeod
- Kevin Durant Says He Was Never One of Warriors, Calls Kyrie Irving ‘Best Friend’ in Entire League
- LeBron James, Channing Frye, and Cavs Players Respond to Passing of Fred McLeod
- Report: Cavs Mourn Passing of Play-By-Play Announcer Fred McLeod
- Cavs Rumors: Tristan Thompson Got Into Heated Altercation With Kanye West
- Darius Garland Impresses Both Ben Simmons and Renowned NBA Trainer With ‘Unlimited’ Range
- Cedi Osman Hits Buzzer-Beater, Dominates World Cup Game
- Report: Anderson Varejao Hints He’s Interested in Coming Back to Cavs
- Former NBA Big Man Thinks LeBron James, Cavs Prepared for Spurs Over Warriors in 2015
Report: Cavs to Be ‘Very Interested’ in Caris LeVert If He Becomes Available
- Updated: June 30, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers are reportedly eyeing Brooklyn Nets small forward Caris LeVert should he become available in the market. The do-it-all 24-year old would be a great fit for the Cavs who are looking to develop young players, especially those with All-Star potential.
With the news that KD and Kyrie are going to the Nets, would again expect the Cavs to be very interested in Caris LeVert if he comes available or as a RFA next summer
— Mike Zavagno (@MZavagno11) June 30, 2019
The Brooklyn Nets have made a huge splash at the start of free agency with reported deals in place for Kyrie Irving, Kevin Durant and DeAndre Jordan. Levert may be thrilled to play with a team that can finally contend for a title.
But he may also lose the potential to further develop his skills with fewer opportunities and bigger expectations ahead for the team.
Additionally, LeVert’s coach at the University of Michigan was John Beilein, who he could reunite with if he is made available via trade or as a restricted free agent. In the playoffs, LeVert averaged 21.0 points per game in five games against the Philadelphia 76ers.