- Report: Cavs Asking for 1st-Round Pick in Exchange for Kevin Love
- Tristan Thompson Gushes About Kevin Porter Jr.: ‘The Kid Has Something Special’
- Report: Cavs Actively Listening to Trade Proposals for Kevin Love
- Cavs Rumors: Kevin Love ‘Prefers’ Trade to Portland Trail Blazers
- Kevin Porter Jr. Rips Cavs Defense, Says ‘We Keep Ball-Watching’
- Tristan Thompson’s Statement After Cavs Loss: ‘Rather Lose Like This Than Any Other F——— Way’
- Report: John Beilein Reached Out to 76ers Coach on How to Deal With Struggling Cavs
- Report: Portland Trail Blazers Could Package Hassan Whiteside, 1st-Round Pick for Kevin Love
- Report: Denver Nuggets Could Package Multiple Players in Trade for Kevin Love
- Report: NBA Execs Believe Kevin Love Deal Unlikely to Net Cavs More Than 1st-Round Pick
Report: Cavs to Be ‘Very Interested’ in Caris LeVert If He Becomes Available
- Updated: June 30, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers are reportedly eyeing Brooklyn Nets small forward Caris LeVert should he become available in the market. The do-it-all 24-year old would be a great fit for the Cavs who are looking to develop young players, especially those with All-Star potential.
With the news that KD and Kyrie are going to the Nets, would again expect the Cavs to be very interested in Caris LeVert if he comes available or as a RFA next summer
— Mike Zavagno (@MZavagno11) June 30, 2019
The Brooklyn Nets have made a huge splash at the start of free agency with reported deals in place for Kyrie Irving, Kevin Durant and DeAndre Jordan. Levert may be thrilled to play with a team that can finally contend for a title.
But he may also lose the potential to further develop his skills with fewer opportunities and bigger expectations ahead for the team.
Additionally, LeVert’s coach at the University of Michigan was John Beilein, who he could reunite with if he is made available via trade or as a restricted free agent. In the playoffs, LeVert averaged 21.0 points per game in five games against the Philadelphia 76ers.