- Report: Teams Were Asking Cavs to Give Them Money for Trouble of Trading for Kevin Love
- J.B. Bickerstaff Says Cavs Will Give Kevin Porter Jr. Heavy Workload After All-Star Break
- Former Michigan Player Defends John Beilein, Destroys Cavs Players for Not Valuing Winning
- Kevin Love Explains Why John Beilein’s a ‘Real Man’ Despite His Departure
- Cavs Rumors: John Beilein Treated His Players Like ‘Dictator’
- Report: Cavs Reassigning John Beilein to Different Role Within Organization
- Report: Cavs May Try to Trade Andre Drummond This Summer
- Report: Cavs Players Began Blasting ‘Thuggish Ruggish Bone’ and ‘Thugz Mansion’ in Front of John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Forfeit Nearly $20M to Leave Cavs Coaching Job
- Collin Sexton Says His Game Has Improved in ‘Every Aspect’ Since Entering NBA
Report: Cavs to Be ‘Very Interested’ in Caris LeVert If He Becomes Available
- Updated: June 30, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers are reportedly eyeing Brooklyn Nets small forward Caris LeVert should he become available in the market. The do-it-all 24-year old would be a great fit for the Cavs who are looking to develop young players, especially those with All-Star potential.
With the news that KD and Kyrie are going to the Nets, would again expect the Cavs to be very interested in Caris LeVert if he comes available or as a RFA next summer
— Mike Zavagno (@MZavagno11) June 30, 2019
The Brooklyn Nets have made a huge splash at the start of free agency with reported deals in place for Kyrie Irving, Kevin Durant and DeAndre Jordan. Levert may be thrilled to play with a team that can finally contend for a title.
But he may also lose the potential to further develop his skills with fewer opportunities and bigger expectations ahead for the team.
Additionally, LeVert’s coach at the University of Michigan was John Beilein, who he could reunite with if he is made available via trade or as a restricted free agent. In the playoffs, LeVert averaged 21.0 points per game in five games against the Philadelphia 76ers.