- Khris Middleton Looking Forward to Battling Matthew Dellavedova During USA-Australia Match
- Kevin Porter Jr. and Bol Bol Voted as Biggest Steals in 2019 NBA Draft
- Video: Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr. Drops 40-Point Triple-Double in Crawsover Pro-Am League Game
- Former Cavs Head Coach Announces He Suffers From Multiple Sclerosis
- Report: Cavs’ ‘Deep-Thinkers’ Worried About Defensive Limitations Around Sexton-Garland Backcourt
- Cavs Insider Says Team Getting More Than 25 Wins This Season Would Be ‘Pleasant Surprise’
- Report: Cavs Plan to Have 6 Guards on Roster by Start of Season
- J.R. Smith Gets Incredible Tattoo of His Daughter
- Kevin Love to Appear on Upcoming Episode of LeBron James’ ‘The Shop’
- Report: Cavs Sign Former Orlando Magic Swingman to 1-Year Deal
LeBron James Emphatically Welcomes Jordan Clarkson to Klutch Sports
- Updated: June 28, 2019
James took to Twitter to express his excitement for his former teammate.
Clarkson switched agents earlier this week by leaving Omar Wilkes of Octagon Basketball for Rich Paul of Klutch Sports. With this move, Clarkson now joins an agency that represents some of the best players in the NBA including James himself, Anthony Davis, Draymond Green, John Wall, and Ben Simmons.
Clarkson is entering the final year of a four-year $50 million contract that he signed with the Los Angeles Lakers back in 2016, which puts him on track to become an unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2020. After averaging a career-high 16.8 points and 3.3 rebounds for the Cavs this past season, he should most likely garner interest from several teams, including the Cavs, next summer.
Paul (who happens to be one of James’ longtime friends) has proven to be one of the best agents in the NBA over the last few years through strong negotiation skills and influencing power. With Paul’s expertise and James’ apparent excitement, Clarkson seems to have made a wise decision here.