- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
- Channing Frye Refuses to Call Stephen Curry ‘Lock’ for MVP
LeBron James Emphatically Welcomes Jordan Clarkson to Klutch Sports
- Updated: June 28, 2019
James took to Twitter to express his excitement for his former teammate.
Clarkson switched agents earlier this week by leaving Omar Wilkes of Octagon Basketball for Rich Paul of Klutch Sports. With this move, Clarkson now joins an agency that represents some of the best players in the NBA including James himself, Anthony Davis, Draymond Green, John Wall, and Ben Simmons.
Clarkson is entering the final year of a four-year $50 million contract that he signed with the Los Angeles Lakers back in 2016, which puts him on track to become an unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2020. After averaging a career-high 16.8 points and 3.3 rebounds for the Cavs this past season, he should most likely garner interest from several teams, including the Cavs, next summer.
Paul (who happens to be one of James’ longtime friends) has proven to be one of the best agents in the NBA over the last few years through strong negotiation skills and influencing power. With Paul’s expertise and James’ apparent excitement, Clarkson seems to have made a wise decision here.