- Report: Cavs Have Made Everyone Except Darius Garland Available in Trade Talks
- Report: Cavs Asking for 1st-Round Pick in Exchange for Kevin Love
- Tristan Thompson Gushes About Kevin Porter Jr.: ‘The Kid Has Something Special’
- Report: Cavs Actively Listening to Trade Proposals for Kevin Love
- Cavs Rumors: Kevin Love ‘Prefers’ Trade to Portland Trail Blazers
- Kevin Porter Jr. Rips Cavs Defense, Says ‘We Keep Ball-Watching’
- Tristan Thompson’s Statement After Cavs Loss: ‘Rather Lose Like This Than Any Other F——— Way’
- Report: John Beilein Reached Out to 76ers Coach on How to Deal With Struggling Cavs
- Report: Portland Trail Blazers Could Package Hassan Whiteside, 1st-Round Pick for Kevin Love
- Report: Denver Nuggets Could Package Multiple Players in Trade for Kevin Love
LeBron James Emphatically Welcomes Jordan Clarkson to Klutch Sports
- Updated: June 28, 2019
James took to Twitter to express his excitement for his former teammate.
Clarkson switched agents earlier this week by leaving Omar Wilkes of Octagon Basketball for Rich Paul of Klutch Sports. With this move, Clarkson now joins an agency that represents some of the best players in the NBA including James himself, Anthony Davis, Draymond Green, John Wall, and Ben Simmons.
Clarkson is entering the final year of a four-year $50 million contract that he signed with the Los Angeles Lakers back in 2016, which puts him on track to become an unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2020. After averaging a career-high 16.8 points and 3.3 rebounds for the Cavs this past season, he should most likely garner interest from several teams, including the Cavs, next summer.
Paul (who happens to be one of James’ longtime friends) has proven to be one of the best agents in the NBA over the last few years through strong negotiation skills and influencing power. With Paul’s expertise and James’ apparent excitement, Clarkson seems to have made a wise decision here.