- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Report: Cavs Insider Reveals Who Team Is Targeting in 2019 NBA Draft
- Updated: June 20, 2019
The 2019 NBA Draft is only a few hours away with the Cleveland Cavaliers making last-minute preparations.
If a certain report from The Athletic’s Joe Vardon is to be believed, the Cavs have their sights set on perhaps the most NBA-ready player in the draft.
De’Andre Hunter is a 6-foot-7 swingman who led the University of Virginia Cavaliers to the 2019 NCAA national championship. That run to the title brought him to the forefront of the national media and improved his draft stock tremendously.
He could take over Cleveland’s small forward position in the starting lineup, the one that LeBron James vacated when he left for the Los Angeles Lakers last summer.
The Cavs own the fifth overall pick in the draft and assuming that teams selecting ahead of them don’t take Hunter before they do, look for general manager Koby Altman to take the Virginia product off the table when their turn comes.