- Beth McLeod’s Emotional Reaction to Major Honor From Cavs Organization
- Cavs News: LeBron James, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love Voted Best Cavaliers Ever
- Kevin Love Gives Props to LeBron James Paying Tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Tristan Thompson Says City of Cleveland Has Best Sports Fans
- Report: Kevin Love and Charlamagne tha God to Collaborate on Mental Health Talk
- Report: Cavs From 2016 Championship Team Wore Rings for Fred McLeod’s Funeral
- Cleveland Indians Honor Fred McLeod With Moment of Silence Before Game
- J.R. Smith Pays Respect to Shaun Livingston After He Announces Retirement
- Report: Cavs Insider Ranks Team’s 5 Most Valuable Trade Pieces
- Sports Illustrated Ranks Kevin Love in Top 50 of Best NBA Players of 2020 List
Report: Cavs Insider Reveals Who Team Is Targeting in 2019 NBA Draft
- Updated: June 20, 2019
The 2019 NBA Draft is only a few hours away with the Cleveland Cavaliers making last-minute preparations.
If a certain report from The Athletic’s Joe Vardon is to be believed, the Cavs have their sights set on perhaps the most NBA-ready player in the draft.
De’Andre Hunter is a 6-foot-7 swingman who led the University of Virginia Cavaliers to the 2019 NCAA national championship. That run to the title brought him to the forefront of the national media and improved his draft stock tremendously.
He could take over Cleveland’s small forward position in the starting lineup, the one that LeBron James vacated when he left for the Los Angeles Lakers last summer.
The Cavs own the fifth overall pick in the draft and assuming that teams selecting ahead of them don’t take Hunter before they do, look for general manager Koby Altman to take the Virginia product off the table when their turn comes.