- How Cavs Nearly Drafted Joel Embiid After He Trash-Talked David Griffin During Pre-Draft Workout
- Andre Drummond Conveys Sad Message About Being Away From Basketball
- Dan Gilbert and Quicken Loans Announce $1.2 Million Donation to Address Detroit Coronavirus Impact
- Report: Cavs Senior Director ‘Strong Candidate’ to Join Knicks Front Office
- Report: Canton Charge’s Season Expected to Be Cancelled Entirely
- Matthew Dellavedova Urges People to Take Social Distancing Seriously
- Barack Obama Dedicates Message to Kevin Love for ‘Setting Good Example’
- Kevin Love Praises Giannis Antetokounmpo for Also Donating $100K to Arena’s Staff
- LeBron James and Kevin Love Send Birthday Love to Tristan Thompson
- Report: Cavs to Compensate Staff Members as If All Games and Events Were Taking Place
Kevin Love’s Tragic Response to Klay Thompson Suffering Torn ACL in NBA Finals
- Updated: June 14, 2019
Game 6 of the 2019 NBA Finals will sadly be the last game for quite some time for Golden State Warriors guard Klay Thompson.
Shortly following the game, it was revealed that Thompson tore his left ACL when he took a nasty spill under the basket during the third quarter of Thursday’s game against the Toronto Raptors.
It was just a few days ago that Thompson’s teammate Kevin Durant suffered a ruptured Achilles in the early minutes of Game 5.
While the Warriors managed to somehow overcome Durant’s absence and force a Game 6, the former defending champions could not overcome Thompson’s departure. They fell to the Toronto Raptors, 114-110.
Following the game, Love took to Twitter once again, clearly shaken over the fact that Thompson had suffered a serious injury.
Klay on crutches man…kills me. These injuries are some bullsh*t!!!
It wasn’t until a bit after Love’s tweet that the extent of Thompson’s injury was made official.
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) June 14, 2019
Thursday night marked the end of a dynasty for the Warriors. It also marked the beginning of a period of great uncertainty.
Both Thompson and Durant enter this summer as free agents. They both now enter that period recovering from very serious injuries.
Regardless of where the two stars decide to continue their careers, here’s hoping that they are able to make full recoveries so that they can continue to dazzle fans with their undeniable abilities.