- Cavs News: Darius Garland Among Favorites to Win Rookie of the Year
- Report: Some Players on Cavs Think Collin Sexton Is Best as 6th Man
- Channing Frye Campaigns for Kevin Love to Join Portland Trail Blazers
- LeBron James and Chris Paul Support Kevin Love’s Cheat Day on Instagram
- Steph Curry Reveals Sole Regret He Had During Warriors-Cavs Championship Battles
- Larry Nance Jr. Thinks It’s Hilarious That Lakers Are Interested in D’Angelo Russell Again
- Report: Cavs Coach ‘Couldn’t Contain Excitement’ as Darius Garland Didn’t Miss for ‘5 or 6 Minutes’
- Koby Altman Says Darius Garland 1 of Few Players in Draft With ‘All-Star’ Potential
- Kevin Love Fully Supports Controversial NBA Owner to Run for President in 2020
- Coach Says Darius Garland Among Best Passers Next to Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, and John Stockton
Kevin Love’s Tragic Response to Klay Thompson Suffering Torn ACL in NBA Finals
- Updated: June 14, 2019
Game 6 of the 2019 NBA Finals will sadly be the last game for quite some time for Golden State Warriors guard Klay Thompson.
Shortly following the game, it was revealed that Thompson tore his left ACL when he took a nasty spill under the basket during the third quarter of Thursday’s game against the Toronto Raptors.
It was just a few days ago that Thompson’s teammate Kevin Durant suffered a ruptured Achilles in the early minutes of Game 5.
While the Warriors managed to somehow overcome Durant’s absence and force a Game 6, the former defending champions could not overcome Thompson’s departure. They fell to the Toronto Raptors, 114-110.
Following the game, Love took to Twitter once again, clearly shaken over the fact that Thompson had suffered a serious injury.
Klay on crutches man…kills me. These injuries are some bullsh*t!!!
It wasn’t until a bit after Love’s tweet that the extent of Thompson’s injury was made official.
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) June 14, 2019
Thursday night marked the end of a dynasty for the Warriors. It also marked the beginning of a period of great uncertainty.
Both Thompson and Durant enter this summer as free agents. They both now enter that period recovering from very serious injuries.
Regardless of where the two stars decide to continue their careers, here’s hoping that they are able to make full recoveries so that they can continue to dazzle fans with their undeniable abilities.