- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
- Channing Frye Refuses to Call Stephen Curry ‘Lock’ for MVP
Steve Kerr Heavily Praises Cavs Upon Unprecedented Hiring of Lindsay Gottlieb
- Updated: June 12, 2019
The landmark addition was so great that former rival head coach Steve Kerr complimented the Cavs on the phenomenal hire.
Steve Kerr on Lindsay Gottlieb: “What a great opportunity and a great hire by the Cavaliers. She’s a great person and a hell of a coach.”
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) June 12, 2019
Gottlieb, 41, was University of California, Berkley’s head coach for the past eight years, gathering a fantastic record of 179-89. In addition, Gottlieb led her squads to multiple NCAA tournaments, including a trip to the Final Four during the 2012-13 season.
Although this is Gottlieb’s first job with an NBA coaching staff, she has some experience around the league. In fact, Gottlieb regularly visited Golden State Warriors practices in recent years.
Whether she specifically shadowed Kerr or not is unknown; however, her presence inside the dominant teams’ practices shows just how respected she is.
What is known, though, is she will be in a completely different situation. The Cavs are in the beginning process of a rebuild that’s going to take time, growing pains and plenty of development.
Yet, Gottlieb is expected to make an immediate impact and help steer the Cavs upwards.