- Tristan Thompson’s Statement After Cavs Loss: ‘Rather Lose Like This Than Any Other F——— Way’
- Report: John Beilein Reached Out to 76ers Coach on How to Deal With Struggling Cavs
- Report: Portland Trail Blazers Could Package Hassan Whiteside, 1st-Round Pick for Kevin Love
- Report: Denver Nuggets Could Package Multiple Players in Trade for Kevin Love
- Report: NBA Execs Believe Kevin Love Deal Unlikely to Net Cavs More Than 1st-Round Pick
- Report: Kevin Love Prefers Trade to Title Contender
- Video: Philadelphia 76ers Announcer Rips Apart Kevin Porter Jr. During Broadcast
- Report: Members of Cavs Organization Call Out Kevin Love’s ‘Lousy Body Language’
- Kevin Love and Jordan Clarkson Send Prayers to Rodney Hood After Devastating Injury
- Report: Cavs to Field Offers for Kevin Love That Include Young Players and Draft Picks
Report: Cavs Insider Releases Update on Dan Gilbert’s Recovery From Stroke
- Updated: June 6, 2019
He continues to be hospitalized in the hopes of recovering fully as soon as possible, as reported by Cleveland.com:
“Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert will not be with the Cleveland Cavaliers for the 2019 NBA Draft and won’t be involved in the process leading up to June 20 either, continuing to focus on his recovery following a stroke on May 26, league sources told cleveland.com.”
But Gilbert’s recovery will not be that easy based on a recent statement from Quicken Loans CEO Jay Farner.
“Dan’s recovery is a process that will take time — but we are all confident that he will meet this challenge head on as he always does,” Farner said.
Despite this, it appears that the 57-year old Cavs executive hasn’t lost his sense of humor.
Farner conveyed a story that Gilbert, still in the hospital, asked for “his favorite beverage,” but when he learned it was unavailable, “insisted that a review of the hospital’s beverage best-practices be completed.”
Gilbert’s lightheartedness despite his condition is a good sign for his family and friends as well as Cavs fans in general.