- Report: Cavs Still Exploring Ways to Trade for No. 3 Pick to Draft R.J. Barrett
- Video: Kevin Love Discusses If He’s Open to Leaving Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Cavs Held Private Workout, Had Dinner With Jarrett Culver on Monday
- How Cavs Could Land No. 3 Pick By Facilitating Anthony Davis Trade to Knicks
- Channing Frye Gives Hilarious Take on Kawhi Leonard
- Kevin Love Gives Bold Prediction on Rest of NBA Finals
- Cavs Fans Quickly Shut Down SportsCenter’s ‘Fact’ About Toronto Raptors
- Kevin Love’s Emphatic Reaction After Seeing Kevin Durant Go Down With Injury in Game 5
- R.J. Barrett Says He’s Only Willing to Meet and Work Out With New York Knicks
- J.R. Smith Writes Emotional Post Honoring Memory of Best Friend
Report: Cavs Insider Releases Update on Dan Gilbert’s Recovery From Stroke
- Updated: June 6, 2019
He continues to be hospitalized in the hopes of recovering fully as soon as possible, as reported by Cleveland.com:
“Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert will not be with the Cleveland Cavaliers for the 2019 NBA Draft and won’t be involved in the process leading up to June 20 either, continuing to focus on his recovery following a stroke on May 26, league sources told cleveland.com.”
But Gilbert’s recovery will not be that easy based on a recent statement from Quicken Loans CEO Jay Farner.
“Dan’s recovery is a process that will take time — but we are all confident that he will meet this challenge head on as he always does,” Farner said.
Despite this, it appears that the 57-year old Cavs executive hasn’t lost his sense of humor.
Farner conveyed a story that Gilbert, still in the hospital, asked for “his favorite beverage,” but when he learned it was unavailable, “insisted that a review of the hospital’s beverage best-practices be completed.”
Gilbert’s lightheartedness despite his condition is a good sign for his family and friends as well as Cavs fans in general.