- Tristan Thompson Says City of Cleveland Has Best Sports Fans
- Report: Kevin Love and Charlamagne tha God to Collaborate on Mental Health Talk
- Report: Cavs From 2016 Championship Team Wore Rings for Fred McLeod’s Funeral
- Cleveland Indians Honor Fred McLeod With Moment of Silence Before Game
- J.R. Smith Pays Respect to Shaun Livingston After He Announces Retirement
- Report: Cavs Insider Ranks Team’s 5 Most Valuable Trade Pieces
- Sports Illustrated Ranks Kevin Love in Top 50 of Best NBA Players of 2020 List
- Ben Simmons Clowns Darius Garland’s NBA 2K20 Player via Social Media
- Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert Pens Emotional Statement After Passing of Fred McLeod
- Austin Carr Can’t Hold Back Tears When Discussing Partnership With Fred McLeod
Report: Cavs Insider Releases Update on Dan Gilbert’s Recovery From Stroke
- Updated: June 6, 2019
He continues to be hospitalized in the hopes of recovering fully as soon as possible, as reported by Cleveland.com:
“Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert will not be with the Cleveland Cavaliers for the 2019 NBA Draft and won’t be involved in the process leading up to June 20 either, continuing to focus on his recovery following a stroke on May 26, league sources told cleveland.com.”
But Gilbert’s recovery will not be that easy based on a recent statement from Quicken Loans CEO Jay Farner.
“Dan’s recovery is a process that will take time — but we are all confident that he will meet this challenge head on as he always does,” Farner said.
Despite this, it appears that the 57-year old Cavs executive hasn’t lost his sense of humor.
Farner conveyed a story that Gilbert, still in the hospital, asked for “his favorite beverage,” but when he learned it was unavailable, “insisted that a review of the hospital’s beverage best-practices be completed.”
Gilbert’s lightheartedness despite his condition is a good sign for his family and friends as well as Cavs fans in general.