- Report: Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert Returns Home 8 Weeks After Stroke
- Former Cavs Players Get Into Twitter War With Royce White After He Calls Out LeBron James
- Cavs News: Darius Garland Named 2nd Best Playmaker in 2019 NBA Draft
- Mario Hezonja Not Impressed With Kevin Love’s Strength, Challenges Him for More
- Khris Middleton Looking Forward to Battling Matthew Dellavedova During USA-Australia Match
- Kevin Porter Jr. and Bol Bol Voted as Biggest Steals in 2019 NBA Draft
- Video: Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr. Drops 40-Point Triple-Double in Crawsover Pro-Am League Game
- Former Cavs Head Coach Announces He Suffers From Multiple Sclerosis
- Report: Cavs’ ‘Deep-Thinkers’ Worried About Defensive Limitations Around Sexton-Garland Backcourt
- Cavs Insider Says Team Getting More Than 25 Wins This Season Would Be ‘Pleasant Surprise’
Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Could Join John Beilein as Associate Head Coach
- Updated: May 13, 2019
According to a Monday evening report, Beilein is expected to meet with former Memphis Grizzlies head coach J.B. Bickerstaff.
Cavs coach John Beilein and JB Bickerstaff expected to soon discuss possibility of an associate head coaching role, sources tell ESPN. Bickerstaff interviewed for Cavs and Lakers openings. He remains a sought-after top assistant on market. Beilein wants an experienced NBA staff.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) May 13, 2019
Bickerstaff has already been a sought after option for both the Cavs and other teams with vacant head coaching positions around the NBA. The Cavs are well aware that Bickerstaff has options, but considering the fact that Bickerstaff recently said it would be an honor to work for the Cavs, it seems the team’s confidence is rather high.
#Cavs understand that there will be lots of competition for J.B. Bickerstaff as lead assistant, league sources tell @clevelanddotcom. Many teams want him. But he's a guy they covet for John Beilein's staff and it wouldn't be as tricky as trying to pry away a guy under contract
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) May 13, 2019
Adding an experienced NBA coach like Bickerstaff would be a huge early win for Beilein.
While he has decades of experience coaching, this is his first job in the NBA and it will certainly take time and help for him to have a positive transition.
With the hire of Beilien today, the NBA Draft Lottery tomorrow, and the possible hire of Bickerstaff in the coming days, this week could shape out to be a supremely exciting one for Cavs fans everywhere.