- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Coaching and Guiding Youngsters in Philippines
- Here’s Why the Cavs Might Still End Up With R.J. Barrett on Draft Night
- Report: Cavs to Meet With Duke University’s Cam Reddish
Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Could Join John Beilein as Associate Head Coach
- Updated: May 13, 2019
According to a Monday evening report, Beilein is expected to meet with former Memphis Grizzlies head coach J.B. Bickerstaff.
Cavs coach John Beilein and JB Bickerstaff expected to soon discuss possibility of an associate head coaching role, sources tell ESPN. Bickerstaff interviewed for Cavs and Lakers openings. He remains a sought-after top assistant on market. Beilein wants an experienced NBA staff.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) May 13, 2019
Bickerstaff has already been a sought after option for both the Cavs and other teams with vacant head coaching positions around the NBA. The Cavs are well aware that Bickerstaff has options, but considering the fact that Bickerstaff recently said it would be an honor to work for the Cavs, it seems the team’s confidence is rather high.
#Cavs understand that there will be lots of competition for J.B. Bickerstaff as lead assistant, league sources tell @clevelanddotcom. Many teams want him. But he's a guy they covet for John Beilein's staff and it wouldn't be as tricky as trying to pry away a guy under contract
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) May 13, 2019
Adding an experienced NBA coach like Bickerstaff would be a huge early win for Beilein.
While he has decades of experience coaching, this is his first job in the NBA and it will certainly take time and help for him to have a positive transition.
With the hire of Beilien today, the NBA Draft Lottery tomorrow, and the possible hire of Bickerstaff in the coming days, this week could shape out to be a supremely exciting one for Cavs fans everywhere.