- Kendrick Perkins Takes Jab at Kyrie Irving Replacing Pau Gasol as NBPA Vice President
- Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Expected to Replace Head Coach John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Has Become ‘Unhappy’ and ‘Miserable’ as Cavs Head Coach
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Step Down as Cavs Head Coach
- Video: Kevin Love Shares Powerful Words About Depression Alongside Barack Obama
- Darius Garland Being Compared to Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Putting in Additional Work in After 2020 Rising Stars Game
- Dwyane Wade Says He Felt Like a ‘Zombie’ During His Stint on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Player Believes Andre Drummond Gives Team ‘Championship-Level Frontcourt’
- Tristan Thompson Says LeBron James Has ‘Worst Diet Ever’ and ‘Eats Like S—‘
Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Could Join John Beilein as Associate Head Coach
- Updated: May 13, 2019
According to a Monday evening report, Beilein is expected to meet with former Memphis Grizzlies head coach J.B. Bickerstaff.
Cavs coach John Beilein and JB Bickerstaff expected to soon discuss possibility of an associate head coaching role, sources tell ESPN. Bickerstaff interviewed for Cavs and Lakers openings. He remains a sought-after top assistant on market. Beilein wants an experienced NBA staff.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) May 13, 2019
Bickerstaff has already been a sought after option for both the Cavs and other teams with vacant head coaching positions around the NBA. The Cavs are well aware that Bickerstaff has options, but considering the fact that Bickerstaff recently said it would be an honor to work for the Cavs, it seems the team’s confidence is rather high.
#Cavs understand that there will be lots of competition for J.B. Bickerstaff as lead assistant, league sources tell @clevelanddotcom. Many teams want him. But he's a guy they covet for John Beilein's staff and it wouldn't be as tricky as trying to pry away a guy under contract
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) May 13, 2019
Adding an experienced NBA coach like Bickerstaff would be a huge early win for Beilein.
While he has decades of experience coaching, this is his first job in the NBA and it will certainly take time and help for him to have a positive transition.
With the hire of Beilien today, the NBA Draft Lottery tomorrow, and the possible hire of Bickerstaff in the coming days, this week could shape out to be a supremely exciting one for Cavs fans everywhere.