- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
- Report: Nets in ‘active discussions’ with Cavs for JaVale McGee, also interested in Kevin Love
Report: Cavs Now Have Higher Chance of Landing Zion Williamson
- Updated: April 20, 2019
That’s because the Phoenix Suns, who have the same 14 percent chance along with the New York Knicks of landing the No. 1 pick come June, reportedly prefer Murray State star Ja Morant over Williamson.
That would mean that even if the Cavs ended up with the No. 2 pick, they could still end up with Williamson.
Though Williamson is the consensus No. 1 player in the 2019 NBA draft class, Morant is no slouch himself. The 6-foot-3 guard averaged 24.5 points, 5.7 rebounds, and 10.0 assists in his most recent season with the Racers.
Meanwhile, Williamson put up 22.6 points, 8.9 rebounds, and 2.1 assists in his final season at Duke.