- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Coaching and Guiding Youngsters in Philippines
- Here’s Why the Cavs Might Still End Up With R.J. Barrett on Draft Night
- Report: Cavs to Meet With Duke University’s Cam Reddish
Report: Cavs Now Have Higher Chance of Landing Zion Williamson
- Updated: April 20, 2019
That’s because the Phoenix Suns, who have the same 14 percent chance along with the New York Knicks of landing the No. 1 pick come June, reportedly prefer Murray State star Ja Morant over Williamson.
That would mean that even if the Cavs ended up with the No. 2 pick, they could still end up with Williamson.
Though Williamson is the consensus No. 1 player in the 2019 NBA draft class, Morant is no slouch himself. The 6-foot-3 guard averaged 24.5 points, 5.7 rebounds, and 10.0 assists in his most recent season with the Racers.
Meanwhile, Williamson put up 22.6 points, 8.9 rebounds, and 2.1 assists in his final season at Duke.