- Report: Cavs Rookie Darius Garland Lands Autograph Deal With Upper Deck
- Report: Teams Were Asking Cavs to Give Them Money for Trouble of Trading for Kevin Love
- J.B. Bickerstaff Says Cavs Will Give Kevin Porter Jr. Heavy Workload After All-Star Break
- Former Michigan Player Defends John Beilein, Destroys Cavs Players for Not Valuing Winning
- Kevin Love Explains Why John Beilein’s a ‘Real Man’ Despite His Departure
- Cavs Rumors: John Beilein Treated His Players Like ‘Dictator’
- Report: Cavs Reassigning John Beilein to Different Role Within Organization
- Report: Cavs May Try to Trade Andre Drummond This Summer
- Report: Cavs Players Began Blasting ‘Thuggish Ruggish Bone’ and ‘Thugz Mansion’ in Front of John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Forfeit Nearly $20M to Leave Cavs Coaching Job
Report: Cavs Now Have Higher Chance of Landing Zion Williamson
- Updated: April 20, 2019
That’s because the Phoenix Suns, who have the same 14 percent chance along with the New York Knicks of landing the No. 1 pick come June, reportedly prefer Murray State star Ja Morant over Williamson.
That would mean that even if the Cavs ended up with the No. 2 pick, they could still end up with Williamson.
Though Williamson is the consensus No. 1 player in the 2019 NBA draft class, Morant is no slouch himself. The 6-foot-3 guard averaged 24.5 points, 5.7 rebounds, and 10.0 assists in his most recent season with the Racers.
Meanwhile, Williamson put up 22.6 points, 8.9 rebounds, and 2.1 assists in his final season at Duke.