- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
Report: Cavs Draw No. 2 Seed in Critical Lottery Tiebreaker
- Updated: April 12, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers won a critical pre-lottery tiebreaker against the Phoenix Suns on Friday as the two finished the 2018-19 campaign with identical records at 19-63.
#2 goes to Cleveland
#3 goes to Phoenix https://t.co/s7oa1X7LMU
— Keith Smith (@KeithSmithNBA) April 12, 2019
Since both teams finished with the second-worst record in the NBA, a lottery tiebreaker had to be held to determine each team’s floor in the draft. While both teams have an equal chance of winning the lottery, the Suns now could draft as low as the seventh spot, while the Cavs could draft as low as the sixth.
The Cavs, Suns, and New York Knicks all have a 14.0 percent chance of winning the lottery.