- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
- Report: Several Executives Couldn’t Believe Cavs Thought They Were Going to Make Playoffs
Report: Cavs Draw No. 2 Seed in Critical Lottery Tiebreaker
- Updated: April 12, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers won a critical pre-lottery tiebreaker against the Phoenix Suns on Friday as the two finished the 2018-19 campaign with identical records at 19-63.
#2 goes to Cleveland
#3 goes to Phoenix https://t.co/s7oa1X7LMU
— Keith Smith (@KeithSmithNBA) April 12, 2019
Since both teams finished with the second-worst record in the NBA, a lottery tiebreaker had to be held to determine each team’s floor in the draft. While both teams have an equal chance of winning the lottery, the Suns now could draft as low as the seventh spot, while the Cavs could draft as low as the sixth.
The Cavs, Suns, and New York Knicks all have a 14.0 percent chance of winning the lottery.