- Report: Cavs Make Groundbreaking Hire With Latest Addition to Staff
- Report: Cavs Still Exploring Ways to Trade for No. 3 Pick to Draft R.J. Barrett
- Video: Kevin Love Discusses If He’s Open to Leaving Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Cavs Held Private Workout, Had Dinner With Jarrett Culver on Monday
- How Cavs Could Land No. 3 Pick By Facilitating Anthony Davis Trade to Knicks
- Channing Frye Gives Hilarious Take on Kawhi Leonard
- Kevin Love Gives Bold Prediction on Rest of NBA Finals
- Cavs Fans Quickly Shut Down SportsCenter’s ‘Fact’ About Toronto Raptors
- Kevin Love’s Emphatic Reaction After Seeing Kevin Durant Go Down With Injury in Game 5
- R.J. Barrett Says He’s Only Willing to Meet and Work Out With New York Knicks
Report: Cavs Draw No. 2 Seed in Critical Lottery Tiebreaker
- Updated: April 12, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers won a critical pre-lottery tiebreaker against the Phoenix Suns on Friday as the two finished the 2018-19 campaign with identical records at 19-63.
#2 goes to Cleveland
#3 goes to Phoenix https://t.co/s7oa1X7LMU
— Keith Smith (@KeithSmithNBA) April 12, 2019
Since both teams finished with the second-worst record in the NBA, a lottery tiebreaker had to be held to determine each team’s floor in the draft. While both teams have an equal chance of winning the lottery, the Suns now could draft as low as the seventh spot, while the Cavs could draft as low as the sixth.
The Cavs, Suns, and New York Knicks all have a 14.0 percent chance of winning the lottery.