- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Report: Cavs Draw No. 2 Seed in Critical Lottery Tiebreaker
- Updated: April 12, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers won a critical pre-lottery tiebreaker against the Phoenix Suns on Friday as the two finished the 2018-19 campaign with identical records at 19-63.
#2 goes to Cleveland
#3 goes to Phoenix https://t.co/s7oa1X7LMU
— Keith Smith (@KeithSmithNBA) April 12, 2019
Since both teams finished with the second-worst record in the NBA, a lottery tiebreaker had to be held to determine each team’s floor in the draft. While both teams have an equal chance of winning the lottery, the Suns now could draft as low as the seventh spot, while the Cavs could draft as low as the sixth.
The Cavs, Suns, and New York Knicks all have a 14.0 percent chance of winning the lottery.