- Kendrick Perkins Takes Jab at Kyrie Irving Replacing Pau Gasol as NBPA Vice President
- Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Expected to Replace Head Coach John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Has Become ‘Unhappy’ and ‘Miserable’ as Cavs Head Coach
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Step Down as Cavs Head Coach
- Video: Kevin Love Shares Powerful Words About Depression Alongside Barack Obama
- Darius Garland Being Compared to Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Putting in Additional Work in After 2020 Rising Stars Game
- Dwyane Wade Says He Felt Like a ‘Zombie’ During His Stint on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Player Believes Andre Drummond Gives Team ‘Championship-Level Frontcourt’
- Tristan Thompson Says LeBron James Has ‘Worst Diet Ever’ and ‘Eats Like S—‘
Report: Cavs Draw No. 2 Seed in Critical Lottery Tiebreaker
- Updated: April 12, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers won a critical pre-lottery tiebreaker against the Phoenix Suns on Friday as the two finished the 2018-19 campaign with identical records at 19-63.
#2 goes to Cleveland
#3 goes to Phoenix https://t.co/s7oa1X7LMU
— Keith Smith (@KeithSmithNBA) April 12, 2019
Since both teams finished with the second-worst record in the NBA, a lottery tiebreaker had to be held to determine each team’s floor in the draft. While both teams have an equal chance of winning the lottery, the Suns now could draft as low as the seventh spot, while the Cavs could draft as low as the sixth.
The Cavs, Suns, and New York Knicks all have a 14.0 percent chance of winning the lottery.