- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
- J.R. Smith says Cavs championship team was ‘grittier,’ ‘nastier,’ and played ‘harder’ than Lakers
- Report: Celtics monitoring ‘uncomfortable’ contract talks between Cavs and Andre Drummond
J.R. Smith Gets Tattoo to Honor Fallen Rapper Nipsey Hussle
- Updated: April 3, 2019
By now, most basketball fans are well aware of how many close friends the late rapper Nipsey Hussle (born Ermias Asghedom) had in the NBA.
The latest NBA star to honor Asghedom’s memory is shooting guard J.R. Smith, who added to his extensive tattoo collection with a picture of the rapper’s likeness.
Asghedom was a hero to so many not only because of his incredible musical talent, but also because of his dedication to the growth of his own community and the people inside of it.
The impact that Asghedom so clearly had on the people who knew him speaks volumes about his own character.
It’s good to see that Smith is doing his small part to try to keep the rapper’s legacy alive now that he is no longer with us.