- Koby Altman Offers High Praise for Dylan Windler
- Cavs News: Darius Garland Among Favorites to Win Rookie of the Year
- Report: Some Players on Cavs Think Collin Sexton Is Best as 6th Man
- Channing Frye Campaigns for Kevin Love to Join Portland Trail Blazers
- LeBron James and Chris Paul Support Kevin Love’s Cheat Day on Instagram
- Steph Curry Reveals Sole Regret He Had During Warriors-Cavs Championship Battles
- Larry Nance Jr. Thinks It’s Hilarious That Lakers Are Interested in D’Angelo Russell Again
- Report: Cavs Coach ‘Couldn’t Contain Excitement’ as Darius Garland Didn’t Miss for ‘5 or 6 Minutes’
- Koby Altman Says Darius Garland 1 of Few Players in Draft With ‘All-Star’ Potential
- Kevin Love Fully Supports Controversial NBA Owner to Run for President in 2020
Dan Gilbert’s Immediate Reaction to Kevin Love Signing 4-Year Extension With Cavs
- Updated: July 24, 2018
On Tuesday morning, it was announced that Love and the Cavs had agreed to a contract extension that will keep the All-Star big man in the Wine and Gold for many years to come.
ESPN reporting with @WindhorstESPN: Cavaliers forward Kevin Love has signed a four-year, $120 million contract extension — topping out his overall deal at five-years, $145 million, league sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) July 24, 2018
While the offseason has been filled with rumors and reports that the Cavs were shopping Love, it seems they either had very different plans or a complete change of heart. With the extension, it looks like Cavs coach Tyronn Lue and general manager Koby Altman are keen on letting Love lead their team for the foreseeable future in the post-LeBron James era.
Shortly after the deal was announced, Cavs owner Dan Gilbert took to Twitter to congratulate his star player on the contract extension.
The @cavs franchise is proud to extend 5-time all-star and NBA champion @kevinlove four additional years. KLove has been nothing but class since he arrived in CLE in 2014. We look forward to his leadership and the exciting years ahead. We grind every day. Just like CLEVELAND. https://t.co/s4plLlBZ5n
When James and Kyrie Irving were still on the Cavaliers, Love was often scapegoated when the team faltered for any reason. He was commonly the topic of trade rumors, and there were times when his days in Cleveland seemed quite numbered. It now appears that he will be one of the focal points for the Cavs in the upcoming season, playing second or third fiddle to no one on the roster.
Here’s hoping to him living up to that challenge.