- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Dan Gilbert’s Immediate Reaction to Kevin Love Signing 4-Year Extension With Cavs
- Updated: July 24, 2018
On Tuesday morning, it was announced that Love and the Cavs had agreed to a contract extension that will keep the All-Star big man in the Wine and Gold for many years to come.
ESPN reporting with @WindhorstESPN: Cavaliers forward Kevin Love has signed a four-year, $120 million contract extension — topping out his overall deal at five-years, $145 million, league sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) July 24, 2018
While the offseason has been filled with rumors and reports that the Cavs were shopping Love, it seems they either had very different plans or a complete change of heart. With the extension, it looks like Cavs coach Tyronn Lue and general manager Koby Altman are keen on letting Love lead their team for the foreseeable future in the post-LeBron James era.
Shortly after the deal was announced, Cavs owner Dan Gilbert took to Twitter to congratulate his star player on the contract extension.
The @cavs franchise is proud to extend 5-time all-star and NBA champion @kevinlove four additional years. KLove has been nothing but class since he arrived in CLE in 2014. We look forward to his leadership and the exciting years ahead. We grind every day. Just like CLEVELAND. https://t.co/s4plLlBZ5n
When James and Kyrie Irving were still on the Cavaliers, Love was often scapegoated when the team faltered for any reason. He was commonly the topic of trade rumors, and there were times when his days in Cleveland seemed quite numbered. It now appears that he will be one of the focal points for the Cavs in the upcoming season, playing second or third fiddle to no one on the roster.
Here’s hoping to him living up to that challenge.