- Former Cavs Player Delonte West Seen Getting Beat Down on Freeway
- Report: Cavs Sign Tyler Cook to 2nd 10-Day Contract
- Report: Some Cavs Players Still Question John Beilein’s Ability to Succeed in NBA
- Tristan Thompson Indicates Refs Were Wrong to Eject Him for Incident With Jae Crowder
- Tristan Thompson Gets Ejected for Slapping Jae Crowder’s Behind
- Jose Calderon Details LeBron James Breaking His Hand After Game 1 of 2018 NBA Finals
- Collin Sexton Says There Was a Lot of ‘Disrespect’ Amongst Cavs Players Early in Season
- Report: NBA Executives Believe Kevin Love Was Primary Voice Behind Criticism of John Beilein
- Cavs Rumors: Tristan Thompson ‘Coveted by Contenders’ in Potential Trade
- 3 Ideal Trades the Cavs Should Pursue for Kevin Love
Kevin Love Honors Channing Frye With Touching Tribute
- Updated: April 7, 2019
He was photographed wearing a replica Frye University of Arizona jersey.
The Cavaliers’ contest against the San Antonio Spurs was the second-to-last game of Frye’s career. The veteran was given a start and hit the first basket of the game, ending his day with 16 minutes of action. During that time, he scored five points and grabbed four rebounds.
For Love, the gesture conceivably may have offered a twinge of pain inside, considering he played collegiately at UCLA, one of Arizona’s rivals in the Pac-12 Conference.
Frye joined the Cavaliers and Love after being traded in a deadline deal in February 2016. Four months later, the two became part of team history by helping the Cavaliers capture their first and only NBA title.
Following their game against the Spurs, the Cavaliers will close out what’s been a miserable season by hosting the Charlotte Hornets on Tuesday night