- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
Kevin Love Honors Channing Frye With Touching Tribute
- Updated: April 7, 2019
He was photographed wearing a replica Frye University of Arizona jersey.
The Cavaliers’ contest against the San Antonio Spurs was the second-to-last game of Frye’s career. The veteran was given a start and hit the first basket of the game, ending his day with 16 minutes of action. During that time, he scored five points and grabbed four rebounds.
For Love, the gesture conceivably may have offered a twinge of pain inside, considering he played collegiately at UCLA, one of Arizona’s rivals in the Pac-12 Conference.
Frye joined the Cavaliers and Love after being traded in a deadline deal in February 2016. Four months later, the two became part of team history by helping the Cavaliers capture their first and only NBA title.
Following their game against the Spurs, the Cavaliers will close out what’s been a miserable season by hosting the Charlotte Hornets on Tuesday night